We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Nudity filter - Photo | Forum

Hugo Dias
Hugo Dias Sep 10 '13
Hi there,

I'm using oxwall to create a models / photographer social network.
One of my concerns is the nude picts can be viewable by young people. Of course it's art but some people don't think that way.
And of course in the terms of my community where I make reference to the possibility of naked pictures and the website it's only available for people under or over the adult age to see this kind of images. But everybody knows nobody cares it this and register themselves without the parents knowledge.

Putting this I was thinking in try to create a plugin that can filter this content by the user choice or simply a warning "this image contains nudity, are you sure you want to see it ?"

In my logic I think I'll need to add a new field in the photo description so the author can flag it nude or not. this flag would be written in the database.
And then probably I should modify the image viewer file with some "if's"

If photo flaged has nude
Then
  if user approves nudity show image
 else user disapproves nudity show default warning image (on click show image)
else show image.

I was thinking on doing this by myself but I really can't figure out how to create a plugin for your plugin.

This was originally posted on oxwall forum but then I read in the uservoice that here would be the place to ask for this feature.

Best Regards,

Hugo

You do not have permission to reply this topic