We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

wall vrs profile wall vrs newsfeed [Answered] | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
dave Leader
dave Sep 11 '13

With regard to newsfeed being auto purged of old items.

Can someone please elaborate on if wall posts via proflie, or wall posts via dashboard or wall posts in general are included in that purge.

Thanks.

The Forum post is edited by Alia Sep 16 '13
ross Team
ross Sep 12 '13
Dave I'm sorry, probably I didn't quite right understood your question in the PM, which blog posts you were referring to?
The Forum post is edited by ross Sep 12 '13
dave Leader
dave Sep 12 '13

hi ross i answered you on the other post. 

But on this post my customer is not really clear on the purpose of the wall, i personally dont use the wall, seems to me it gets in the way and is overkill, but thats just me.  I guess i need someplace to point my customer to clarity of the purpose of the wall.

My customer said he read on here someplace that someone got rid of their newsfeed totally and just used the wall because they said it does the same thing.  I dont use it so i dont really know.

My customer is also concerned that wall posts are included in the newsfeed cleanup process or some other cleanup process, that when wall posts themselves get old they are removed, is that true.

Alia Team
Alia Sep 16 '13
Hi Dave,

No, wall posts are not deleted like newsfeed items.
You can delete them only manually ( either as the owner or via database).
dave Leader
dave Sep 16 '13
thanks Aliia  :)