We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Why Oxwall is targeted by Spammers arund globe? | Forum

dave Leader
dave Sep 17 '13
Sam please start a new post for your issue.
Zachary
Zachary Oct 10 '13
Quote from dave

its not only Oxwall (ref your title) spammers hit all kinds of sites, open source, commercial, and otherwize.  They do like open source more because they dont have to worry about encryption they can download the software themselves and look for holes in the code.

But everyone gets hit with spammers, even my encrypted software does, they just find different ways to spam people is all.  Such as using the tell-a-friend page to spam people under my domain name or using the contact page to spam me.

And why you ask:

Bottom line is money $$$$$...   All they have to do is fish for tiny bits of info, some here, some there, might take them months but eventually they will have a profile built, and im not talking about only a profile on the site, im talking about a personal profile of YOU, or anyone else.

Then they sell that information,  where do you think much of the data comes from when people purchase fake profiles from these companies selling them to social sites, it comes from stolen data.  Also they use the information to create fake profiles themselves to cover their identity in committing crimes.   

So you people out there that happen to be buying the fake profiles, you know who you are.  You dont want to build your site the right way, you go to these online companies and you buy 10,000 member package for so much $ and they send you a csv file or whatever.  You are financing the same people that are hacking and spamming your sites. 

This is what happens when lazy people start social sites and dont want to commit to building it the right way.

The best and ONLY way to stop spammers right now today this second... Is to make it unprofitable, take the money they make away, and spammers will vanish like a fart in the wind. 

Otherwise they will be here till the internet goes poof...

Quote from dave

its not only Oxwall (ref your title) spammers hit all kinds of sites, open source, commercial, and otherwize.  They do like open source more because they dont have to worry about encryption they can download the software themselves and look for holes in the code.

But everyone gets hit with spammers, even my encrypted software does, they just find different ways to spam people is all.  Such as using the tell-a-friend page to spam people under my domain name or using the contact page to spam me.

And why you ask:

Bottom line is money $$$$$...   All they have to do is fish for tiny bits of info, some here, some there, might take them months but eventually they will have a profile built, and im not talking about only a profile on the site, im talking about a personal profile of YOU, or anyone else.

Then they sell that information,  where do you think much of the data comes from when people purchase fake profiles from these companies selling them to social sites, it comes from stolen data.  Also they use the information to create fake profiles themselves to cover their identity in committing crimes.   

So you people out there that happen to be buying the fake profiles, you know who you are.  You dont want to build your site the right way, you go to these online companies and you buy 10,000 member package for so much $ and they send you a csv file or whatever.  You are financing the same people that are hacking and spamming your sites. 

This is what happens when lazy people start social sites and dont want to commit to building it the right way.

The best and ONLY way to stop spammers right now today this second... Is to make it unprofitable, take the money they make away, and spammers will vanish like a fart in the wind. 

Quote from dave

And why you ask:

Quote from dave

And why you ask:

Quote from dave

And why you ask:

Quote from dave

And why you ask:

my fart doesnt dissapear in the wind that easily :/
dave Leader
dave Oct 10 '13

@Zachary   So you spam this board to prove your point, how imature and pathetic of you.  Maybe we should ban you from the forum for spamming, how does that sound Zacky boy...

The Forum post is edited by dave Oct 10 '13
Pages: « 1 2