We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Notifications in top bar, for one user not working (loading forever) [Answered] | Forum

Blukkie
Blukkie Sep 12 '13

Maybe that there is already a topic/post about this. But I can't find it. I thought I heard of this issue before..

A user on my oxwall site complained the notification button is loading forever.

I logged in under that user and tried it myself. On her, it's indeed loading forever. The notifications (old or new) don't show up.

On my own account (or few others i tested) its working great.. 

Using the latest version.  Any idea's? I deactivated and reactivated her account but nothing happened. 

Greetings,

Blukkie

The Forum post is edited by Alia Sep 23 '13
Alia Team
Alia Sep 12 '13
Blukkie, to check this issue we will defenitely need to log in to your site as this user.
Will you be able to PM me access details along with your site URL?

What I am going to do is to debug this using Firebug.
If you know how to use any debug tool you can do this yourself and there will be no need to give access details to me.

Blukkie
Blukkie Sep 12 '13
Thank you Allia,

I sended you our information in PM. Thanks alot for offering the help!

Blukkie
Blukkie Sep 13 '13
Found anything? Otherwise I think the user will delete the account and try a clean one.

Didnt hear anyone else have this notification bug, so maybe its one time only?

Blukkie
Blukkie Sep 23 '13
Meanwile I checked some things to try resolve this notification problem;

Our site is in Dutch language packet. When I enable English language packet and log in under her account. I can see the notifications without problem. When I switch back to Dutch, the notification is loading forever again.

Maybe the Oxwall team has an idea now what the problem is? Still, only she has this problem.

Alia Team
Alia Sep 23 '13
Blukkie, I have contacted developer of "Smileys" plugin, which is causing this issue on your site.
He will fix this and update his plugin asap. You just need to wait.
Blukkie
Blukkie Sep 23 '13
Thanks alot Aliia!

I will de-activate this plugin and wait for the update.

The Forum post is edited by Blukkie Sep 23 '13