We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

How much memory do I need for my sites? [Answered] | Forum

Christer
Christer Sep 18 '13
Hi
I have VPS and 1024Mb.I have 6 websites on the server.My sites keep going down, high memory use and I talked with the web host and I have logs etc. What I need to know that is it normal for a 1 website to use 10-15% of my memory? I have many plugins (around30)etc. Some of my sites not have so many plugins yet and they not use more then 4-5% so it make sence in that way.I have 6 sites so then it sure ad up but I think it sounds a lot? Happy if some one could say it sounds correct or not.
The Forum post is edited by ross Nov 19 '13
Alia Team
Alia Sep 20 '13
Christer, how many users do you have on your site which uses 10-15 %?
Christer
Christer Sep 20 '13
Hi
I have 7 websites on my server and there is no user,well me and 2 guys working on upload profiles etc.I talk to the web host and well no one there can tell me,just standard answer.well you use to much memory.Wow I know that lol.
They only show avrage use since 00.00 (time) so today it show 13,63 %use and that is on 1site.I dont know what to do.I attach screenshot.I have 7 sites so you can see here what they use.Btw the first number say 12.49 is root
The Forum post is edited by Christer Sep 20 '13
Attachments:
  use1.JPG (18.56Kb)
ross Team
ross Sep 24 '13
Can you try to uninstall those plugins and check your CPU again, as some of them might be very "hungry" ?
Christer
Christer Sep 24 '13
Hey I will try but i still need them.I will try but its hard to find out  because its sometime  some days its 2 times and some day 5 times site go down, some day more or less.
fbkca
fbkca Sep 24 '13
Perhaps you should upgrade your RAM to 2-4GB? I only run 3 site but have 16Gb ram... 
Christer
Christer Sep 24 '13
wow man what host are you on?will cost a lot of money ,To get 1gb more I have to upgrade and next level cost me then 70us per month so 16gb will be a lot more then that I guess?
fbkca
fbkca Sep 24 '13
well, I have a dedicated machine. 16GB ram 8CPU's @ $120 a month... so a bit more... but way more bang for your buck.
Christer
Christer Sep 24 '13
yes but not sound to bad, I only worrie about dedicated server that Iam more on my own to run the server as I dont have enough knowledge and time. Can you tell me what web host? You can pm if you dont want to say open.
fbkca
fbkca Sep 25 '13
it's www.zarconia.net. For $70 a month you could get:

AMD Athlon™ II Quad-Core

DDR Memory8 GB DDR3-RAM

Drive2x 1 TB SATA II-HDD

Traffic UsageUnmetered Bandwidth

They are pretty helpful, and you can get a control panel installed to do all the basic stuff.

The Forum post is edited by fbkca Sep 25 '13
Christer
Christer Sep 25 '13
Ok I will have a look,thanks a lot for your help.