We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

User Registration - Delayed Response | Forum

Edward
Edward Sep 25 '13
I downloaded oxwall to see if it can be used for my social network project I'm working on. I installed the core software as well as the core updates, cron jobs have been set to every min. DB_User has all permissions.

I decided to see what it would be like for users to join my default social network. I filled out all the fields correctly of course otherwise I would get an error.

The problem is when I'm finished filling out all user registration fields and hit submit. It appears to be processing and then its just the user registration page again. I filled out the form a second time and it worked.

This seems to happen with every user registration. Every first attempt just gets redirected back to the same registration page (all fields blank again) and only works on the 2nd attempt.

Is this a common bug with oxwall? or am I overlooking something?

Any Help would be greatly appreciated.
Alia Team
Alia Sep 25 '13
Edward, this issue was reported earlier in this thread: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/10515

Until now we were not able to reproduce it.
Can you let me know:
1. Your site URL
2. OS
3. Browser
Edward
Edward Oct 2 '13
Thx Aliia for your reply, after i read the other thread you provided it made me realize its a problem with the browser cache. I cleared my cache on all browsers (chrome, firefox, ie) and the user registration works.

My only concern is that I expect most common site visitors wont clear the cache and may run into the same problem that I initially had with the user registration. I'm just glad its not a server side issue.

As for the site url, Its a test install (under a subdomain: http://www.network.tlnsocial.org) that has been since deleted, im currently designing a theme for this project via xampp. My operating systems are (Win7:primary, Mac OSX Snow Leopard: secondary, Ubuntu: vmware)

Thank for your feedback, I'll be sure to post the final URL when my theme creation is done.
Edward
Edward Oct 2 '13
On second thought I think the default install may still be sitting there