We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Menu Size - Icons not Display - Darklets | Forum

chris
chris Sep 28 '13
HI 

from CSS i change the width of Menu , but after saving the CSS some of icons 

are missing , LIKE - COMMENT icon in newsfeed / lines in Forum / icon in slide bar and some others 

Screen shot

other issue i can not change the Color of text or menu , from admin panel all colors are per Themes default but the text or links keep showing blue color 

SCR-SHOT 1

SCR_SHOT 2

looking for your kind support 

Chris

The Forum post is edited by chris Sep 28 '13
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Oct 8 '13
1. can you provide css code you have pasted?

2. which plugin do you use for "Classroom" widget?

chris
chris Oct 11 '13
HI Dear 

i just copy the original CSS , i changed the Menu bar width and after i save the CSS . later i face the problem i mentioned 

Classroom is RSS , 

thanks 

chris 

The Forum post is edited by chris Oct 11 '13
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Oct 23 '13
Chris,

1. I have tried to change the width here and still can't reproduce the issue with missing like and comment icons in newsfeed:

.ow_menu_wrap {

backgroundurl("images/menu.jpg") repeat-x scroll 0 0 #33383C;    displaytable;    height73px;    margin0;    width400px;

Can you provide your site URL?

2. RSS. Can you provide the link to the RSS feed  ( link you added into the Oxwall's RSS widget)?
Have you tried to use the feed from another site? Just to make sure that the issue is not within the particular feed you are using.
The Forum post is edited by Oxwall Software Oct 23 '13
chris
chris Oct 24 '13
HI Dear 

my site : the-itt.com

2- RSS im using is from the beginning i run my site and i dont think so have any issue .

i disabled them but problem still here 

thanks 

Chris

Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Oct 29 '13
Regarding missing graphics:

Your issue is similar to the one explained here: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/13678

Right now your graphics ( like and comment buttons, buttons for "Add New" widget) are being pulled from the ow_userfiles/themes/....

While they should have been pulled from ow_static/..../

Did you do any changes that could have caused this?
Easiest, but not the ideal solution is just to copy all graphics from ow_static/themes/darklets/images to ow_userfiles/themes/darklets/images.
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Oct 29 '13
Regarding color of links.

Similar issue.
For some reason your system is ignoring the styles from ow_static and is pulling them from ow_userfiles.

Colors specified in admin panel are stored in ow_static/ , but since right now system is ignoring ow_static ( see screen shot, orange color is crossed over), all links are blue.

Easiest solution is just to edit the colors within the ow_userfiles/themes/darkets....css.
But this will cause you a lot of issues if you update the software and is not really the best way.
Best solution for both cases ( with missing graphics and with color of links) is finding why the system is ignoring ow_static.

Remember what changes you did that could have caused this? Where do you usually edit your CSS?
How did you install the darklets theme? Via admin panel or manually?
chris
chris Nov 2 '13
HI Dear 

appreciate your reply and help , 

what a about i re-install the Themes again , it will fix the problem ? 

and after where is the best place t edit the CSS ? 

Regards 

You do not have permission to reply this topic