We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Thinychat not working with Crome and Firefox | Forum

Jozko
Jozko Sep 30 '13

I start created a social network site with Oxwall (GREAT script!!!!) and I reached to some problems I don't know how to fix. I searched trough the forum and did not find the solutions.

2. Tinychat menu item not showing in some browsers (crome, fireworks), But working well with IE.

Any help welcome.

Here is the linko to my test page www.veryhairy.net/zelok

Thx

Alia Team
Alia Sep 30 '13

Jozko, can't reproduce the issue.

I have checked your site in Firefox 22 and Chrome 28.0.1500.95.

Menu item is present.

Jozko
Jozko Oct 3 '13
Yes Aliia, it was present until I do my first chat for test.... next day I connect to the site the menu button Chatt dissapeard and dont displays anymore :-(
Jozko
Jozko Oct 22 '13

The issue solved. There was no translations fort those plugins and was not problem with browser.  :-)

dave Leader
dave Oct 22 '13

Tinychat seems to work and not work all the time, i never could figure out if it was due to low traffic or high traffic or what, but my experience has been one day or one hour it does not connect and if you wait a few hours or a day then it does. So who knows what the deal is.  I was lucky enough one time to catch them they had their API link spelled wrong, but they fixed it very fast.

But also you have to consider the huge liability for having a chat room where not only all chat is stored on their server not yours, and also the liability for cam chat.  I would certainly not offer cam chat personally unless you are a LLC company (limited liablity company) or you have a great attorney. 

Think about it folks, all you need is one underage person sex camming with someone from your site and the cops will be knocken on your door.  You might take that risk and thats your decision, but not me brother..

I wish times were differnent when you did not have to worry about that stuff, i would be offering cam chat left and right 24/7, but those days are gone.

The Forum post is edited by dave Oct 22 '13
Jozko
Jozko Oct 25 '13
I agree with you Dave. All you said is possible and I gave up the thought of Tinychat plugin. I will add Instant chat with video support. To bad this plugin is in conflict with friend plugin. Hope Oxwall team will fix the issue soon.