We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Didn't see auto update [Being discussed in PM] - Tiny Chat | Forum

Lee
Lee Oct 6 '13
I didn't see auto update for tinychat in my admin plugin area.
The Forum post is edited by Oxwall Software Nov 13 '13
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Oct 16 '13
Kou Lee, make sure that your Cron is configured properly.
Do you get activity email notifications?
davood
davood Oct 16 '13

Hi

It is difficult for me

I'm sure the settings are correct Cron Job

Lee
Lee Oct 16 '13

I see auto update for video, blog plugin but not for tinychat, I'm not sure if my Cron is configured properly.

What is activity email notifications?

Is activity email notifications is the I notifications that I receive in my site when people like or comment on my status? Or is activity email notifications is the email send to my email account.

Sorry for asking I’m new to oxwall and don’t much about these stuff.

The Forum post is edited by Lee Oct 16 '13
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Oct 23 '13

Kou Lee,

>>I see auto update for video, blog plugin but not for tinychat, I'm not sure if my Cron is configured properly.

Video plugin was updated twice in past 2 month. I beleive that your CRON stopped working before Oct. 4th and right now you see update notices for plugins that were changed before that date.

>>What is activity email notifications?

Activity notifications inlcude everything located under "Email Notificaitons" tab under your profile>>my preferences.

Under "My preferences">>Email Notifications you have 3 options: "Immediately", "Auto" and "Never". When somebody comments on your status, sends you a gift or private message and you have "IMMEDIATELY" checked in your preferences you should get an email about the gift, PM or comment on your status.

Those emails as well as emails that are sent via mass mailing are controlled by CRON. If you are receiving those emails, this means that CRON is working on your site. If you don't receive emails, then CRON is not working.

I will be glad to check whether Cron is working on your site or not if you provide your site URL.

The Forum post is edited by Oxwall Software Oct 23 '13
Lee
Lee Oct 23 '13
Ok I will send you my url in pm.
You do not have permission to reply this topic