We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Add a console item? | Forum

Helike
Helike Oct 10 '13
I'm developing a Theme Color plugin and I'd like to add a console item to console to make it easy to the user change the color preference.

It would look like this:

My question is:

How can I add this to console?

Thanks,

~HLK

dave Leader
dave Oct 10 '13

Remember to make a note of any changes you do so that you can replace them after an update.

Well i took a quick look and i dont think youll be able to add this to other than the end of or very beginning of the button array without some difficult coding mods.  I could be wrong of course but when i looked at the array that made the buttons there are some fuction calls that you have to set up those values as well so its not just plug and play.

Probably the easiest way to do this (not tested but seems logical) is to just add your link with its own css style if you need it  to the end of the button array display.

if you take a look in ow_system_plugins/base/views/components/console.html

you will see this (i have notated where i THINK you can add your button)

<div class="ow_console clearfix">
    <div class="ow_console_body clearfix">
        <div style="ow_floatright">

<!-- stick your button code here it should put it at the beginning of the buttons(left) -->
            {foreach from=$items item="item"}
                {$item}
            {/foreach}

<!-- stick your button code here it should display it at the far right of the buttons -->
        </div>
    </div>
</div>

again this is untested but let us know please...

thanks hope this helps.

Helike
Helike Oct 11 '13
The position isn't a problem, I just put it between the buttons the show as a example, I pretend to put it at end anyway.

Thanks for you tip, but I pretend to do it correctly, in others words, by plugin, as I pretend to put it on store later.

I tried to look at privacy plugin, that adds a item to {Username} (Helike in that case) menu.

But I simply could not understood what happened on that plugin as well I couldn't figure out how to make it appers on console instead of inside a menu.

Helike
Helike Oct 15 '13
Anyone could help me in that point?
Helike
Helike Oct 28 '13
Someone could figure out how to do it?
Alia Team
Alia Oct 29 '13
Helike, just to clarify, you need to find out how to

1. put the item there
  2. put a drop down within this item ?
Helike
Helike Nov 4 '13
I need to add a item to console, and this item must work like the flag's item work (on hover, show a div with to other options), and I need to do it all trought a plugin, as I pretend to put it on store later.
Helike
Helike Nov 14 '13
Any idea, please?
Helike
Helike Dec 19 '13
Any idea, please...?