We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Facebook Login Box Disappears [Solved] | Forum

Duncan
Duncan Oct 16 '13
A lot of users are reporting that the facebook login box seems to pop up and quickly disappear, I'm using the Showcase theme.

Not sure what could be causing this, has anyone encountered this before?

The Forum post is edited by Alia Oct 17 '13
Kieron H Leader
Kieron H Oct 16 '13
whats your site url 
Duncan
Duncan Oct 16 '13
Hi Kieron, thanks for the response

It's http://geekbio.com

Kieron H Leader
Kieron H Oct 16 '13
i see what you mean try unintalling Facebook connect and then re install 
Duncan
Duncan Oct 16 '13
Found the problem, the app facebook side was in sandbox mode, so was only working for me.

Oops!

Alia Team
Alia Oct 16 '13
Thanks for sharing Duncan.
Gavin
Gavin Oct 21 '13
I am getting this problem. I have checked the app is not in sand box which it is not it says its live. my url is autismnetwork.co.uk
Alia Team
Alia Oct 21 '13
Gavin, checked your site in Chrome (28.0.1500.95) and Firefox 22.0. Facebook connect is working ok.
The only issue is that "Connect" button is not showing up. Make sure that you have latest version of the plugin.

Gavin
Gavin Oct 22 '13
Yes thank you I can confirm after removing my Facebook and and creating a new one it is all working its just the button. I will download the plugin again bit I have done that twice now! 
The Forum post is edited by Gavin Oct 22 '13
Alia Team
Alia Oct 22 '13
Gavin, you should have 6365 build of the plugin. The button issue was fixed in this build. Let me know the results.

Gavin
Gavin Oct 22 '13
Hi thank you i downloaded the version again. I assumed seeing as i only downloaded oxwall it self yesterday that it would come with the latest build but seems not! I have downloaded the latest from the store and the button is now showing. Thank you very much for your support.
Alia Team
Alia Oct 22 '13
You are welcome =)

Generally Oxwall package comes with default set of plugins, and they are not of the latest version. It is assumed that once default package is installed and when CRON runs the first time all update notices will appear in admin panel and if admin want to he can upgrade needed plugins.

Gavin
Gavin Oct 22 '13
Hmm in that case does it mean my cron is not working as i had no such notice!
Alia Team
Alia Oct 23 '13
It takes about 24 hours to get the update notice. If you didn't get it then CRON was not working.

Have you ever set your Cron in your control panel?
Gavin
Gavin Oct 23 '13
Hi i sorted it thank you and have since had update notices. The string i put in was wrong. All fixed now thank you.