We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

blocked user still able to add comment on profile wall | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
ben
ben Oct 17 '13
Im not sure this is a bug or not, if i block someone i hope i lost all contact with him.

blocked person should not able to post comment, write on my wall and send me message, and thats not working on the wall
dave Leader
dave Oct 18 '13

Have you tested this yourself, register on your site as a test profile, then block it from your other profile and test it.   There are times that the block will not work if they have aready passed the checkpoint in the code such as sitting on a page without refreshing it before you block them.  They can still post until they refresh the page, and then the block will filter them.

So test and let us know please. :)

Michael
Michael Oct 18 '13
All our users have been complaining the block feature doesn't work at all, I thought this was an ongoing bug
ben
ben Oct 21 '13
Yap I test this, not working on newsfeed profile, sorry not the wall.

blocked user able to write on newsfeed on my profile
The Forum post is edited by ben Oct 21 '13
dave Leader
dave Oct 21 '13

ok i think this code will work, but as you can see its already in the add comment function

ow_system_plugins/base/controllers/comments.php  line 73

else if ( BOL_UserService::getInstance()->isBlocked(OW::getUser()->getId(), $params->getOwnerId()) )
        {
            $errorMessage = OW::getLanguage()->text('base', 'user_block_message');
        }

i will keep looking

i also checked the newsfeed and it seems to be ok it also has a blocking function

i keep looking at $params->getOwnerId in the code above, 

and i looked other places and it is like tihs 

BOL_UserService::getInstance()->isBlocked(OW::getUser()->getId(), $userId)

what makes me question that is i ask myself in the one above if it is checking comments for the one that wants to leave a comment, why is it looking for ownerid, it should be userid i would think.  Ownerid to me would be the owner of the original text, the user id would be the commenter, that is what is logical to me.

But i will have to check to see if userid is set in the comment function or not so you can test it.  And quite honesty im not even sure im in the right place.  But i will keep looking.. 

Any team members out there today... i need heppppp   lmao....  

The Forum post is edited by dave Oct 21 '13
dave Leader
dave Oct 21 '13

also question, did you unfriend your test account too

you can create a special role for these types of people and set very limited permission.  then just change the role of this person to that role and they will not be able to do those functions..

The Forum post is edited by dave Oct 21 '13
ben
ben Oct 21 '13
i think all oxwall user should have your code
dave Leader
dave Oct 21 '13

i just created a new role in admin privacy called PMem which stands for penalized member. and on role permission i checked nothing..

then i went into that persons profile and changed their role to Pmem and now they cannot do anything, not wall posts, nothing much at all.

Try that please  and thank you for your kind words

ben
ben Oct 21 '13
automatically unfriends if get block
ben
ben Oct 21 '13
you cant penalized member for annoying :)
ben
ben Oct 21 '13
creating new role is good idea for spammer, suspended feature alternatif way :)
dave Leader
dave Oct 21 '13

Quote from ben
you cant penalized member for annoying :)

yeah huh.. lol :)