We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

any news on 1.6 | Forum

Kieron H Leader
Kieron H Oct 19 '13
hi just wondering is there any news on oxwall 1.6 its been a long time since an update has been brought out 
Alia Team
Alia Oct 28 '13
Kieron, no news yet.
Nils
Nils Nov 1 '13
I am currently using oxwall 1.5 and find it extremely well suited to what I am trying to accomplish. I would like to use it for other websites, but am hesitant due to the back and forth about the "update" 

I fully realize updates are a daunting task, but as a result of having survived mambo and a few others, I would like to know:

Will there be a straight forward 'automatic' update utility to the next version or will I ahve to re-install oxwall and all content from the previous version?

thanks for taking time to answer,

Regards,

Nils

Alia Team
Alia Nov 7 '13
Nils, upcoming 1.6 updagre will work just like all previous updates.
If Cron is set on your server you will get an update notice that Core needs to be upgraded.
System will automatically update your Oxwall installation when you click on that notice.

You will loseonly custom code modifications done to 1.5.3.
All the content and your plugins will be saved.

Note: Before updating the core you will need to make a full back up of your 1.5.3 Oxwall.
It is also recommended to deactivate ALL plugins before updating the core and activating them one by one once update is over.

dave Leader
dave Nov 7 '13

Did we skip over the part that you need to do a tamborine dance in circles around your computer and chant "hoola hoola oxwall update" over and over to drive the bad widget demons away during the upadate... lol

:) just kidding folks...  but if you want to and record it you can share with us, would be a blast.

Nils
Nils Nov 7 '13
thanks guys - that allows me to go ahead...

happy tamborine dancing to get the upgrade done!...:)

Damian
Damian Nov 8 '13
hi good day. i have over 6,000 members on my site. not having mobile for my site is killing my site. ever one uses mobile devise. i can't wait on oxwall any more so any one that can make my site mobile i will find the money to pay for it. i am losing members fast need help. 
fbkca
fbkca Nov 8 '13
go buy a responsive theme if you're impatient. You got 6k members without it... what's another month?
fbkca
fbkca Nov 8 '13
Have you bothered to search the store for "mobile"?
Kieron H Leader
Kieron H Nov 8 '13
i aree fbkca however they should update us as its been 2 month since an update on how it is going
fbkca
fbkca Nov 8 '13
no argument there.
Damian
Damian Nov 8 '13
i have no problem in paying. my site did not get big over night. i have been on oxwall and wall.fm for a long time. back when there was not a lot of plugin and i ask them for mobile  2 years ago. yes! "2 years" that is how long i have been waiting for it. so what is a month? if i know that it was coming in a month can wait for that. so for those of you that is new in this thing you don't know what it is like when you have a lot of money into a networking site that is not mobile in 2013.
fbkca
fbkca Nov 18 '13
Guess you miss understood... I'm not arguing that they should update us ;)