We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Suggestions - Membership Level | Forum

dave Leader
dave Oct 20 '13

How about allowing admins to adjust point values for the activities.  I dont know what those activities are now and what the point value is for each one, would be nice to know what they are now.

This way if we want to focus on vid or forum posts we can give more point values to those to help build that part of our sites.  

Purusothaman Ramanujam
Thanks for the idea.
Jobee Bendijo
Jobee Bendijo Oct 31 '13
How about some different meter design choices. In my opinion, the big white speedometer consumes a lot of space, doesn't really go with the dark theme of my site, and, to offer constructive criticism, it looks a bit outdated, unsharp, and "cheap" if I may constructively use that word.

I think offering a few different designs of the profile meter, such as a sleek progress bar which would not consume so much height on the user's profile. Maybe also a simple text (Membership Level: Newbie). Light and dark for those of us who have dark themes. A few choices in the design and look of the meter would add value to this plugin.

But all in all, it's a good idea, and the plugin essentially works.

But also, one important thing I noticed was that the "Top Members" widget for the main page slowed down the load time of the main page significantly. More than triple the time for the main page to load. So I had to just remove the "Top Members" widget from the main page. Soon as I removed it, main page loads fast again.
dave Leader
dave Oct 31 '13

I personally see nothing wrong with the dial and it does look good on a dark background, i use macabre and it looks great.  I think "cheap" is a strong word and although i agree on some optional choices, i disagree with the word "cheap".   

I do agree that i wish there were options regarding designs, only because i would like to have designs for holidays, like Christmas, new years, valentines, 4th of july, Halloween and so on. 

But that is up to the dev and may be outside the scope of this plugin which would require a personal mod deal.   I like this plugin very much..    Maybe some other choices are good but i am not saying it is needed, but it would be nice to have them.

Jobee Bendijo
Jobee Bendijo Oct 31 '13
Maybe cheap is a strong word to use, but it's just my opinion only, and we all have opinions. The user's profile isn't a car dashboard that needs a big speedometer. That's just my personal opinion/preference to qualify my suggestion for more meter design choices.

But as stated, it's a good idea and essentially works. As it stands now, I still wish to use it. As it stands now, it's still very useful and the site is better WITH it than without it. Would just like to see it developed a bit further with a few more meter design choices, as this is the suggestions forum.
The Forum post is edited by Jobee Bendijo Oct 31 '13
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Thanks for the idea. I will see what best I can do.
Jobee Bendijo
Jobee Bendijo Nov 3 '13

Quote from Purusothaman Ramanujam Thanks for the idea. I will see what best I can do.

Thanks very much!
You do not have permission to reply this topic