We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

User add location in profile? - Member Locations | Forum

Matthew
Matthew Oct 22 '13

Not sure if this is the same as another "profile" question in this forum, but it would be perfect of the plugin could add the address search field to the profile page for user's primary address.

The user could then ALSO add locations the normal way for additional places he desires to add to the map.

Purusothaman Ramanujam
I will take this as suggestion for next version.
Matthew
Matthew Oct 30 '13

Thanks!

My goal is to have a map of members AND have the ability to add more adhoc locations as users see fit.

Purusothaman Ramanujam
User can add adhoc locations from location menu.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Try removing the below line from ow_plugins\ifiles\views\controllers\activity_add.html

allowExt:[{/literal}{$allowedExtn}{literal}],

PS: Enable DEBUG and DEV mode once to refresh teh cache.
Matthew
Matthew Oct 30 '13

Quote from Purusothaman Ramanujam User can add adhoc locations from location menu.

right, but adhoc locations is ALL this plugin does (as far as I can tell).

The new feature would be a pin for the members location (city, state/province) in his or her profile.

Matthew
Matthew Oct 30 '13

Quote from Purusothaman Ramanujam Try removing the below line from ow_plugins\ifiles\views\controllers\activity_add.html

What would this do?
Purusothaman Ramanujam

Quote from Matthew
Quote from Purusothaman Ramanujam User can add adhoc locations from location menu.

right, but adhoc locations is ALL this plugin does (as far as I can tell).

The new feature would be a pin for the members location (city, state/province) in his or her profile.

I will check on this.

Sorry. It was for another forum post.
Quote from Matthew
Quote from Purusothaman Ramanujam Try removing the below line from ow_plugins\ifiles\views\controllers\activity_add.html

What would this do?

You do not have permission to reply this topic