We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

SEO for a nonprofit adult network | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Gimme Sex
Gimme Sex Oct 23 '13
As I am running a nonprofit adult network, I don't want any commercial adult content. Is there a way to promote my site without using backlinks, banner exchange or related Search Engine Optimization?

For the prob with searchengine unfriendly URL's generated by Oxwall, I guess that will be changed wih the coming of V1.6.

I know there is a SEO plugin available but I would rather do the trick without it.

Abbey
Abbey Oct 23 '13
There is this plugin, http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/555
I have this on my site.

As to promoting your site you may not wish to do backlink or banner exchange but you should concider getting as many backlinks to your site as you can. This can be done without backlinking to other sites in return. Many sites allow website links on their sites, the trick is finding those that will.
You do need to submit your site to search engines as well, noone will find your site otherwise (sorry if that's stating the obvious).

Good luck

Gimme Sex
Gimme Sex Oct 25 '13
Thanks for the reply Abbey.

I submitted my site to a dozen of other websites with a free submission service that I think is trustworth.

Let's see what impact this submission alone will have on my google analytics :)

fbkca
fbkca Oct 25 '13
if you want to climb ranks, you'll need relevant accurate content.
Abbey
Abbey Oct 25 '13
Content is important too, relevent to your target audience, this can be achieved via a blog and such
Gimme Sex
Gimme Sex Oct 28 '13
Thx both for your constructive answers on this matter.

I submitted about a 1000 links and feeding the blog now on a daily base with relevant content.