We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Image Slideshow not working on 1.5.3 version [Solved] | Forum

Dave Sierra
Dave Sierra Oct 27 '13
I recently reinstalled Oxwall 1.5.3 version on a new server to see if the image slide show would work and still no luck.  When I click on the photo preview I get the progress bar like photo wants to load but never shows photo.  Help!!!
The Forum post is edited by Alia Nov 6 '13
Alia Team
Alia Oct 27 '13
Dave,

1. Use any debug tool ( ex. firebug for firefox or native Chrome's debug tool).
2. Go to ow_userfiles/plugins/slideshow  using your control panel or FTP.
    a)Make sure that your images physically exist on the server.
    b)Make sure that ow_userfiles folder and ALL folders within it have 777 permissions.
       Images themselves should have 644 permissions.

If you don't know how to use debug tools, please provide your site URL.

Dave Sierra
Dave Sierra Nov 2 '13
the site url is www.sierrafamilysite.com
I did verifiy permissions and the images are there in the folder.  I installed and used firebug did not find any errors occuring.  Can you help?
Alia Team
Alia Nov 3 '13
Thanks for your site URL.
I have registered a user on your site. However verification email has not been received yet.
Can you verify and approve my account on your site, so that I can debug the issue for you?
Dave Sierra
Dave Sierra Nov 5 '13
OK your approved
Dave Sierra
Dave Sierra Nov 5 '13
I"m getting this message when I run the run.php for cron job, should I be worried about this message?  Could this be why things aren't working for image slideshow?
Alia Team
Alia Nov 5 '13
Dave, you will need to create another topic regarding your Cron issue.

Regarding photos, log in to your control panel, find "ow_static" folder. Make sure that this folder and ALL FOLDERS within it have 777 permissions.
Dave Sierra
Dave Sierra Nov 6 '13
That folder has full read,write,execute permissions and so do all sub folders.  Just to make sure I even applied chmod 777 -R on ow_static folder again.  I do have owner and group set to www-data not sure if that makes a difference.
Dave Sierra
Dave Sierra Nov 6 '13
I got it, it is the jevix.class.php file I downloaded a newer one I found on oxwall forums you recommended to another user unrelated to photos but for video.  That seemed to work preview works as well as full picture view.  Thanks for your help you can close the ticket out.
Alia Team
Alia Nov 6 '13
Welcome =)
Weird that it was caused by jevix.php though...