We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Best mobile solution | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Shaun Alvarez
Shaun Alvarez Oct 28 '13
Im having a huge problem most my visitors are  from a android phone and the current theme i have looks terrible mobile and i based everything around that theme.
Im shure im not going to be changing themes any time soon so i need to come up with a solution so i don't keep loosing potential members.
My advertising campaign is working great.

1) is there a way to detect the user is on a mobile phone and automaticly have them use a lighter theme that works great on phones

2) maybe have a splash screen that asks the user if they want to see the full version or mobile version and it will basicly be 2 diferent websites with the same database if its posible to run 2 oxwalls off one database somehow

3)Possible andoird and or iphone app for oxwall that is open source and a user can make it lock on to there personal website. and not just for messages (have had alot of people ask me if i had a app for the website,)

sorry about this but where i live most people don't own a computer and or dont even know how to turn one on. but 6 year olds have a iPhone, if i don't find a way to convince mobile users to want to signup i may have to close down the website till the new oxwall comes out so i wont gain a bad reputation and loose potential members.
The Forum post is edited by Shaun Alvarez Oct 28 '13
Alia Team
Alia Oct 28 '13
Topic was moved from Bug reports and troubleshooting.
Shaun Alvarez
Shaun Alvarez Oct 29 '13
i guess none of the above is posible without alot of modifications?
tammy harris
tammy harris Nov 7 '13
tyy this i am using it and works ok on all phones and tablets
theme

i was going to make some big changes to it and oxwall anounced the mobile site wont be long so i put them off but is start get to the point i will have to do them