We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

registration bug [Answered. Requires custom code modifications] | Forum

Jerome
Jerome Oct 29 '13
For some reason, i can't register a new account... When i click sign up, the Password field is filled with my admin account password... 

I removed the password and retype a new password for a new user account and register, this is the error i get:

Would you like to update the save password for "admin"?

I'm having the same problem in my FireFox and GoogleChrome.. How can i fixed this issue?? I believe is because when i login with my Admin account, i authorized Firefox and GoogleChrome to remember user and password for the website, and this is the error i got >.<

i've tried clearing History, Cache and Cookies... Same problem >.<

(Edited) The only working thing now is i have to remove my password manually from Firefox > tools > options > security > saved password

instead of doing this, is there anyway to prevent firefox/google chrome for asking "remember password" ?

The Forum post is edited by Alia Nov 4 '13
Alia Team
Alia Oct 29 '13
Jerome, unfortunately we can't help you with this. Those are browser's settings.
You will need to uncheck "Remember passwords" for sites in your browser's preferences:

I also recommend googling, in case if this indeed can be done via custom code modificaitons.
Here are couple of the links I came across that might help you:

http://stackoverflow.com/...ssword-functionality

http://stackoverflow.com/...ser-to-save-password

If you do more research on this, I am sure you will find the way around.

Jerome
Jerome Oct 30 '13
thanks allia... i hope i can understand coding, if u may help me... in which file should i post those code into?
The Forum post is edited by Jerome Oct 30 '13
Alia Team
Alia Nov 1 '13
Jerome, welcome.
Depends on which solution you are going to implement. Most likely you will need to edit join_index.php and/or join_index.html .

We don't provide custom code modification services. I recommend finding a developer who can complete this work for you.