We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

HOW TO ADD A PAGE TO MAIN MENU | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Alexandru
Alexandru Oct 30 '13
Hi to all! Have such a question: I'm trying to add a new page to the main (top) menu that should be shown to the guests as JOIN page but nevertheles Join page goes on the firts place even if my page is ahead the JOIN page.

P.s. My custom page is setted to open an external link, does it affect somehow that it goes on the second plan after one page that is setted to open as Local page, http://yoursite.com/example ;

P.S.S Abobe is the image where you can observe my menu.

Alexandru
Alexandru Nov 2 '13
No answers???????
Dave S
Dave S Nov 2 '13
They don't work non-stop, so don't be surprised if you don't get an answer friday. Be patience and enjoy your weekend. :)
Alexandru
Alexandru Nov 2 '13
Quote from Dave S They don't work non-stop, so don't be surprised if you don't get an answer friday. Be patience and enjoy your weekend. :)

Thanks for apointed me on their freetime. I was expecting to receive an advise from the community besides the Oxwal's team, that's why I asked once again. No offense !
ross Team
ross Nov 4 '13
Please send us the screenshot from here: www.yourdomain.com/admin/pages/manage
Ebenezer Obasi
Ebenezer Obasi Nov 4 '13
Hi Alexandru, my experience tells me that it won't work that way... Maybe, you should should consider creating a real page and redirect the page to the link you want it to open with either JavaScript or Meta-Refresh.
Alexandru
Alexandru Nov 5 '13

Quote from Ebenezer Obasi (De Gurusmaker) Hi Alexandru, my experience tells me that it won't work that way... Maybe, you should should consider creating a real page and redirect the page to the link you want it to open with either JavaScript or Meta-Refresh.

It is a real page, to be more exactly it is Sign in and I want it to be the first one. 
The Forum post is edited by Alexandru Nov 5 '13
Alexandru
Alexandru Nov 5 '13
To be more concise I faced a problem how to make SIGN IN page the first one vizible to guests who visit my site directly, ex: mysite.com but other pages for example mysite.com/blogs to be open for guests. Right now on my site is setted NOT SHOW TO GUESTS. My site is polyglothub.com ,consider to  take a look to stand what I mean.
Kieron H Leader
Kieron H Nov 5 '13
create a page using an external site and use the yourdomain.com/sign-in 
Kieron H Leader
Kieron H Nov 5 '13
or create an iframe of your sign in page 
ross Team
ross Nov 5 '13
Alexandru, please read this post: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/14261
Alexandru
Alexandru Nov 6 '13
There is no way to make SIGN IN page as the first one (index page) without any frames? Just to allow external links to be shoun to guests as first once?
ross Team
ross Nov 10 '13
Other ways are considered as a custom code modifications