We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Add description to subscribe page? [Answered] - Paid Membership | Forum

fbkca
fbkca Nov 4 '13
Hi, 

I'm curious if you can please add an option/box in the "Show on Subscribe Page" to allow you to write a description about the membership?

I'd also appreciate some advice how to do this now manually.

Thanks

The Forum post is edited by Skalfa LLC Dec 5 '13
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Nov 6 '13
Fbkca, thanks for the suggestion. We will keep this in mind for future updates.

Solution for you ( easiest one that doesn't deal with editing of .php code):

Note: instructions assume that you don't have a whole bunch of memberships and the description you are adding is not too long. Any custom code modifications done within the .html files will be erased if you update the software/plugin.

File that needs to be edited: ow_plugins/membership/views/controllers/subscribe_index.html

Code you need to add ( in this example code was added BEFORE <tr class="ow_tr_delimiter"><td></td></tr>):

<tr>
<th></th>
<th></th>
<th>description of your first membership goes here.</th>
<th>description of your second membership goes here.</th>
</tr>

Where 1 <th>'s should always be left empty.
Add more <th>'s to add description to your other plans ( if you have more then 2).
In this example we added description to VIP plan.

Result:

If you are not fan of editing .html files every time you want to change your description, then you can add new languages text keys in admin panel>>languages and  edit .html only once.

If you are going to use text keys then the code will look like:

<tr>
<th></th>
<th></th>
<th>{text key='membership+your_text_key_goes_here'} </th>
<th>{text key='membership+your_second_text_key_goes_here'}</th>
</tr>

You can also add some .html code so that description extends/opens on mouse hover.
Ex:
<tr>
<th></th>
<th></th>
<th><span title="description of the membership goes here...extended version on mousehover test test test test test test">description of the membership goes here...</span></th>
 </tr>

Result:

You can play around with .html and css to make the end result look better.
Hope that this helps.
The Forum post is edited by Skalfa LLC Nov 6 '13
fbkca
fbkca Nov 6 '13
Fantastic, thanks for the pointers. I think it'd also be a good option to have an area above the actual subscriptions table so you can add more attractive sales media describing the subscriptions. So it'd be as wide as the whole table and could insert an attractive marketing pitch there...

Would that be possible by inserting the html BEFORE the {form name='subscribe-form'} starts? Would you also need to wrap in in {literal}??

The Forum post is edited by fbkca Nov 6 '13
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Nov 12 '13
fbkca, sorry for the late reply.

>>. So it'd be as wide as the whole table and could insert an attractive marketing pitch there...

To achieve this of course you can edit .html . But there is an easier solution.
Use "Advertisement" plugin.
When choosing the location of your banners select "Paid Membership".  And then assign needed banners to the top/bottom/sidebar sections.

Advertisement plugin is flexible and you can add any .html code  or just a plain text with an image.
You can create one banner or several rotating ones.
Much easier then editing the source code.

The Forum post is edited by Skalfa LLC Nov 12 '13
fbkca
fbkca Nov 12 '13
Interesting, thanks for the tip. That will probably work for the membership page. Currently I don't use it as I don't like the location of the banners on the other pages.

Thanks!

You do not have permission to reply this topic