We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

when privacy settings are different from 'Everyone' nothing shows up - Privacy | Forum

Tim
Tim Nov 4 '13
Dear Group,

1.5.3 installation

When a user creates new entries in e.g links or photos, with private settings set to 'Everyone' everything works fine. When the user changes the settings then the entries 'disappear'! They show-up only when privacy settings go back to 'Everyone'.

Thanks

Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Nov 13 '13
Tim, where the entries disappear from?
Daniel Prado
Daniel Prado Jun 23 '14
Hi guys, I have the same problems, if the privacy is different than everybody, nobody can see my blogs, my photos, etc...

Can anyone help in this?

Thanks in advance.

Daniel Prado
Daniel Prado Jun 24 '14
I will try to explain what is happenning to me:

If privay is everybody in blogs, photos and videos, everybody can see them in everywhere (Profile, Blog tab, Photo Tab, Video Tab)

If privacy is friends_only in blogs or photos or videos no one can see them in tabs, in profile privacy is working fine, the problem is when user click on IE blogs tab, can not see the blogs stated as friends_only in privacy, either the owner or Administrator can see them.

In photos, the thing is quite different, the administrator is able to see photos with "friends_only" privay as private also if the administrator is friend of the owner.

Where do you think is the problem? Could be a privacy bug or a Blogs, Photos, Videos bug?

I am trying to do a bit of reverse engeneering but no luck for now?

Can you please give me a tip?

Edit: I have tried links and happens the same, if privacy is "friends_only" nobody can see the links on Links Tab...

The Forum post is edited by Daniel Prado Jun 24 '14
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Jun 26 '14
Danie

This is how it works currently, the listings of the user videos, blogs, photos, dissapear for both a user who set this and for his/her friends, These actions also do not appear on the index newsfeed and can be seen on dashboard. 

Daniel Prado
Daniel Prado Jul 1 '14
I solved it, you can find the solution on custom code modifications, it is a simple database query.

Thanks anyway.

Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Jul 2 '14
Can you please provide a link for other community members to refer to?
You do not have permission to reply this topic