We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Show Sign in Form using a custom button | Forum

Omari
Omari Nov 6 '13
Hi, to sign in you must click the sign in button located in the site panel, this brings up the sign in form. I would like to bring up the sign in form with a custom button.  

In other words i would like to achieve this click function to bring up the sign in form ..... from a custom button i made. 

(I am not looking to bring up http://yoursite.com/sign-in) but rather to bring up the form that is displayed when u click the sign in button in the topbar console

Thanks guys.

The Forum post is edited by Omari Nov 6 '13
Kieron H Leader
Omari
Omari Nov 6 '13
thanks man, i edited my post
Kieron H Leader
Kieron H Nov 6 '13
did this help 
Omari
Omari Nov 6 '13
Well no because the dialog box I want to show is not that one but the one hidden in the page the one for Sign in redirects differently
Daisy Team
Daisy Nov 6 '13
Omari, the solution depends on how you developed the custom sign-in button and what version of the oxwall software you are using.

If you are using 1.5.3 software version and created the custom button using our standard functions described in /ow_system_plugins/base/classes/console_event_handler.php file - you should simply describe the custom button in the collectItems function as it developed for the the standard sign-in button.

If you are using the older version - you should update the software or check the 1.5.3 version to see how it works there and implement it to your site.
Omari
Omari Nov 7 '13
Daisy, the button is simply me adding an html link <ahref>. with html and css

What i want to achieve is by clicking this link i can bring up the sign in form, however I dont know php or java I can only edit html and css hence my limitations.

I notice on the join page the sign in form is wrapped in a div and set to display:none. Since i can't find the div anywhere, and it doesn't have a class I'm guessing its applied with javascript. 
So alternatively I would like to show this hidden display form by default. The ones that resides in join_index.html

Daisy Team
Daisy Nov 11 '13
Omari, to add the button to the console it's not enough to simply add a html code of the button, it requires the php programming. If you are not familiar with the code modifications, it would be better for you to find a developer who can help you with it.