We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Broke Invite feature in translation, please help (Solved) | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Wolfy
Wolfy Nov 8 '13
Hi kind people of OX ;)

I translated my OX to my lang. now if I want to click on users I want to invite to a group it will not select, but if I switch back to English its can then select the user. I know I or one of the people helping with translation deleted some code some where......but we need your help to fix this please, thx in advance.

I see now the Customize this page button is also blank in my lang file.

~W~
The Forum post is edited by ross Nov 18 '13
ross Team
ross Nov 11 '13
Have you imported the translation pack or just did the translation on your own?
Wolfy
Wolfy Nov 12 '13
Hi Ross, thank you for taking the time to help :)

I translated it with 3 other people to our lang. It is not imported as there was no Afrikaans availeble.
Wolfy
Wolfy Nov 12 '13
I Managed to fix the Customize this page button in the mean time but Invite problem I cant find yet.
ross Team
ross Nov 12 '13
Definitely you made something wrong while translating, because as you see that everything is ok in English. How did you fix Customize this page button?
Wolfy
Wolfy Nov 12 '13
Ross Thank you again for helping me,

I noticed he put some txt in "quotation marks" this was translators mistake so I deleted that and button worked again, but I cant find his mistake, when inviting friend to a group it does not actuly select the user.
ross Team
ross Nov 14 '13
Please send us the screenshots of the values translated for Groups section in your Admin Panel, probably you missed something. 
Wolfy
Wolfy Nov 14 '13
Ross I went over Groups section problem seems to be when ever you need to select users like if you want to invite or send a gift to them here is screen shot of that selection problem.

Attachments:
  ox1.png (53.55Kb)
Wolfy
Wolfy Nov 14 '13
If I can find what controles that selection screen I could beat this problem , thank you again for taking the time to help me Ross :)
ross Team
ross Nov 14 '13
PM me your domain and admin access details, please. I'll take a look. Thank you. 
ross Team
ross Nov 14 '13
Wolfy, what language do you have on your website beside English? Does it have special symbols, like " ' " or something like that?
Wolfy
Wolfy Nov 15 '13
Ross yes I have Translated Eng to Afrikaans and yes it does have " ' the sybols I have did do search on it I am sure problem is in the Base part as when ever you need to select Friends it does not respond as in English by selecting friends and adding them to the count below.
ross Team
ross Nov 15 '13
How does the "invite" spell in Afrikaans? 
Wolfy
Wolfy Nov 15 '13
Nooi
ross Team
ross Nov 15 '13
The thing is that Javascript does not accept languages when there are special symbols on the page like " ' " which is why the button does not work. We have reported this to our developers . This is will be fixed in 1.6 update . Sorry for inconveniences. 
Wolfy
Wolfy Nov 15 '13
Ross I will keep searching the base for the button code ...but not having any luck , if you could tell me where I could find the code in the base in English it would really help ;)
Wolfy
Wolfy Nov 15 '13
I got it Fixed thank for your help with the ' symbol it was the culprit.

Thanks again Ross you triggered the fix for me :)

Wolfy
Wolfy Nov 15 '13
we use a symbol like this for.... a person will become 'n persoon and that was the problem :)
ross Team
ross Nov 17 '13
Ok, great!