We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

how to use Oxwall with Wordpress together | Forum

Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi May 27 '15
Anyone developing a plugin ?
The Forum post is edited by Webster Molaudi May 27 '15
Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Aug 1 '16
Well i guess this wont happen anytime soon
Locofans
Locofans Aug 10 '16
Developing a bridge between Wordpress and Oxwall requires high level developing skills, plus expect a lot of bug reports, because Oxwa sometimes can be unstable. It may not be impossible to accomplish such task, but yet again Oxwall is still new comparing to other software out there. 

A bridging plugin would require constant updates and maintenance, for Oxwall data process is totally different from Wordpress. Perhaps building Oxwall to that level should be the question to ask.

Besides, No developer will take time to build such plugin because the profit would not worth they time. 

Carsten
Carsten Mar 15 '17
I just need to be able to use the registration from Oxwall in Wordpress.

I just use Wordpress as a support site for my Oxwall site, so no need for users to register at Wordpress and be able to login to my Oxwall site.

The users need to be logged in on Wordpress when they click the link for adding a support ticket. Nothing more.

Just a simple copy of user data from one database to another and then an updater for when logging in to Oxwall the login to Wordpress is also done.
Leontiuc Marius
Leontiuc Marius Mar 16 '20
you don't need an oxwall plugin but a wordpress plugin. The problem arises, however, that as regards oxwall, it should be allowed to publish it here on the oxwall site. the plugin is almost ready, after so many years of debate. I will create plugins so that oxwall can have everything wordpress has but its oxwall finesse.
ES C
ES C Jul 31 '21

Quote from Leontiuc Marius you don't need an oxwall plugin but a wordpress plugin. The problem arises, however, that as regards oxwall, it should be allowed to publish it here on the oxwall site. the plugin is almost ready, after so many years of debate. I will create plugins so that oxwall can have everything wordpress has but its oxwall finesse.
Hi Leontiuc,

Im looking to buy this sort of plug in. Could you (or anyone one else who has a solution or could develope one) please contact me?

Thanks!

Catkin
Catkin Aug 1 '21
Hey ES C!

There are now social network plugins for WordPress such as BuddyPress that can achieve what Oxwall does within WordPress itself. Going the WordPress route would also be a good idea since development has stopped on Oxwall.

Best of luck with your site!

ES C
ES C Aug 6 '21
Hi Catkin

I remember looking at BuddyPress last year and as far as I can remember it doesnt do any proper matching based on different criteria. You can kind of search for people based on sex, distance and a few more things but that was it. 

I went ahead and bought a Skadate license, because matching works and more importantly , the system emails users those matches (ie new people who have joined). 

Will they keep developing their version of Oxwall, or is this something that has to be done bt Oxwall and they increment it? 

Catkin
Catkin Aug 7 '21
So your looking to start a dating site?

Skadate is still supported (I think) but I won't say it's the best dating script on the market for its price. I'd suggest looking at some of these paid self hosted scripts on Code Canyon

Hope this helps! 

ES C
ES C Aug 12 '21
Thanks! I remember looking at several scripts last year, but the ones that actually do any meaningful "matching" are quite expensive, though I don't remember if I looked on Code Canyon or not.  

Daniel
Daniel Aug 13 '21
Hi hope Leontiuc Marius developed the plugin as mentioned above last year. I would buy it.
AppXprt
AppXprt Aug 14 '21
Custom code on PSR Phalcon is the way to go if you wanting to stick with PHP...

Multiple reasons like organization, security, compliance, extreme performance...

Phalcon Framework

The Forum post is edited by AppXprt Aug 14 '21
Pages: « 1 2