We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

50MB limit on DB import - Help Info [Solution] | Forum

dave Leader
dave Nov 10 '13

With the import limit on phpMyAdmin set at 50MB  it makes for a challenge to import your DB if you need to restore..   Personally i dont believe its even 50MB regardless of what it says as i have had issues with a 45MB import.

Its hard to tell because most of the time the process times out before you get that far and it says on the phpMyAdmin notice to resubmit same file and it will continue but i have never had that work for me yet.  

There are a few things you can do to help you do this.

1.  If you are not useing watchdog plugin, uninstall it.. it takes up a HUGE amount of space in your DB, i would guess most DB it probably contributes half of your DB size or more to just having its tables sitting there doing nothing.  Personally i never got it to work right for me and it just made the site slow as well and i got cron errors so i just uninstalled it.   Just this step alone can provide you more than enough comfort zone to import your DB easily.

2. Same goes for all plugins your not using, uninstall them.

3.  Split up your db into sections.  Hint:  If you split it up then dont bother using the top comment section or the very bottom comment section of the file, it will work just fine without them and they just cause issues when seperated.

4. USE SSH  (this was last because some hosting plans include this and some dont)

Hope this helps..

The Forum post is edited by Alia Nov 22 '13