We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Urgent arrowchat plugin | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Romuald
Romuald Nov 11 '13

hello,

I would like to know why the arrowchat plugin was removed?

Because I have more paut support because of that.

Here is the answer from their support "

ArrowChat

Hi Romuald lame Oxwall HAS removed our plugin and therefore We Have to stop all media for it, unfortunately. I would SUGGEST That You Oxwall touch and let 'em know you want the plugin back so Abebooks web can restore support. "

Because I comméme buy a $ 80 one.

cordially

ross Team
ross Nov 11 '13
It was removed because it does not meet our Terms of Use and due to the complicated installation process which also contradicts our terms of use
ArrowSuites
ArrowSuites Nov 12 '13
Quote from ross It was removed because it does not meet our Terms of Use and due to the complicated installation process which also contradicts our terms of use

What was so complicated about uploading files to a server?  Your plugin system is not developed enough to install via the admin panel.

All of the complaints about the plugin's installation and coding we're invalid and it really shows how much of an amateur operation Oxwall is running.  

The first email I got from your team was ridiculous enough to:

1) Suggest that the plugin was a scam because Daisy thought you had to rename a file to install the plugin was wasn't true by any means.

2) Ask why the plugin deleted tables after it added tables.  Again, any amateur PHP developer could look at the code for 2 seconds and realize that was not true.

3) Make the ridiculous notion that 2 bad reviews meant that every single person was having trouble.  Again, not true.

4) Finally, a file had to have 777 permissions (which was stated in the instructions file) and apparently that wasn't enough.  You guys claimed that most servers need to change permissions which is inaccurate as well.

Does anyone at Oxwall know anything about PHP or MySQL?

Unfortunately, everyone who has purchased the plugin is now out of luck because of Oxwall's decision.  We can no longer support the plugin.  I've been in shock at how childish and ridiculous the people running Oxwall have been.  Because of this, we've decided to remove Oxwall support from our main package as well.  Now I know why CometChat didn't want to get involved in your plugin store.

The Forum post is edited by ArrowSuites Nov 12 '13
Romuald
Romuald Nov 12 '13

hello, thank you for your reply me personally arrowchat I install the first time it works very well, but how can I do to update the plugin for spending $ 80 for not having the support I understand anything because plugin already been on sale for several months before I bought and I took it and boom it is removed.

Is that the team could be seen to recover.

please.

cordially

ArrowSuites
ArrowSuites Nov 12 '13
Quote from Romuald

hello, thank you for your reply me personally arrowchat I install the first time it works very well, but how can I do to update the plugin for spending $ 80 for not having the support I understand anything because plugin already been on sale for several months before I bought and I took it and boom it is removed.

Is that the team could be seen to recover.

please.

cordially

Write in to our support at http://www.arrowchat.com/support/ and we'll get you setup.
Romuald
Romuald Nov 12 '13
Quote from ArrowSuites ArrowSuites

@ ArrowSuites here I just sent a message to support (Ticket ID: 3D8O2U5J96)thank you to you
Abbey
Abbey Nov 12 '13
This is why I bought cometchat.

I would like to point out that arrowchat is not a plugin, it's a 3rd party integration, just like cometchat.
Also for those who bought arrowchat here should be offered proper support via your customer support on arrowchat.com regardless if it's being sold via the store here.
The Forum post is edited by Abbey Nov 12 '13
Den Team
Den Nov 12 '13

These plugins were suspended because of non-standard installation process. Please check Store submission requirements: http://docs.oxwall.org/dev:store:item-policy

Users have hard time with plugins that require custom installation. This results in frustration, bad user experience, and negative reviews. The plugins in question were submitted before the review process was established, and should they be submitted now, they wouldn't get approved.

We see no problems to approve the plugins upon successful revision, resubmit, and review. We are willing to offer our assistance to any developer seeking to create Oxwall-compatible plugins.

The Forum post is edited by Den Nov 12 '13
Romuald
Romuald Nov 12 '13
here I redid the plugins arrowchat it has integrated via oxwall administration I see with arrowchat for him to put on sale
ArrowSuites
ArrowSuites Nov 12 '13
Quote from Abbey This is why I bought cometchat.

I would like to point out that arrowchat is not a plugin, it's a 3rd party integration, just like cometchat.
Also for those who bought arrowchat here should be offered proper support via your customer support on arrowchat.com regardless if it's being sold via the store here.

Actually, the plugin on the Oxwall store was specifically designed for Oxwall and not a 3rd party integration.  Support has been dropped because the files are gone.  We're handling this by giving anyone who purchased the plugin a free starter edition.
Abbey
Abbey Nov 12 '13

Quote from ArrowSuites
Quote from Abbey This is why I bought cometchat.

Actually, the plugin on the Oxwall store was specifically designed for Oxwall and not a 3rd party integration.  Support has been dropped because the files are gone.  We're handling this by giving anyone who purchased the plugin a free starter edition.

Ahh ok..... to me something you have to upload via cpanel and install from there is a 3rd party integration.
A plugin I can do from my Admin....

Nice of you to offer a free starter version but some people have paid for better than that
ArrowSuites
ArrowSuites Nov 12 '13
Quote from Abbey 
Nice of you to offer a free starter version but some people have paid for better than that

Our starter package is $45, the Oxwall plugin was $29.  The premium package is $125, the Oxwall branding-free plugin was $79.  Either way, everyone will get it cheaper.

Thought I would also clear up that the plugin did install via the admin panel.  The only difference was that you had to upload the files to your plugin folder and then install instead of uploading the entire zip file.