We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Additional like-styled buttons plugin? | Forum

Brad
Brad Nov 11 '13
Anybody every come across (or make) a plugin that adds additional custom buttons beneath each post and reply?  I'm a teacher who is making a social network for his students and need a custom button module to add rubric grading items beneath posts so that I can give my users/students feedback.

I think this idea would have ramifications beyond the classroom too.  How many times have you seen people asking for a dislike button or or good idea button or bad grammar button on facebook?  More nuanced feedback is a thing people want.  Also to be able to record this feedback as a tally on their user profiles would be ideal!

matt
matt Nov 11 '13
Likes for comments seems very much needed (and overdue on oxwall) I like the idea of having  an admin controllable set of nuanced feedback buttons too. Great suggestion!

Matt
Daisy Team
Daisy Nov 20 '13
Brad, the best way to achieve it is a new plugin development . I suggest that you download our new Plugin Skeleton plugin to see how to use this or that function. Here is URL to the Store item: http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/695

If you are not familiar with the code modifications, it would be better for you to find a developer who can help you with it.
Jason
Jason Jan 10 '15
Hello,

I am new here but, bear with me a moment. We would like a dislike button for the fact that say a family member dies we don't like it. For our group a "dislike" button would be an appropriate addition. I think I could code it in but my sql days are way back and not sure how I would implement that on sql side without shredding a working site. For that matter would love to try the skeleton and start a test site but not sure of server limits as it is not mine.