We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Question on this plugin : - My Messenger | Forum

John Michaels
John Michaels Nov 18 '13
Does this plugin allow you to be able to chat right on the website with your yahoo messenger account ID ? 

In other words, 

I have a Yahoo Id . . . . .I set it up on the website widget . . . . .Now people can contact me via yahoo right from the site , and chat with me on the site in a yahoo messenger window ?

Correct ?

Sen Projects
Sen Projects Nov 18 '13
Hi John,

Thank you for your interest with our plugin. That was the original idea we planned yahoo made a service api to do this in web pages but it was discontinued here's some information about it being gone forever http://news.softpedia.com/news/Yahoo-Messenger-Pingbox-Is-Dead-Here-s-How-to-Remove-It-From-Your-Site-311410.shtml 

What yahoo allowed now is to embed some yahoo buttons in web pages that will show the online status of the user and chat button, this chat button is a launcher so meaning you need to be logged in to your Yahoo Messenger application in your desktop. People can still initiate a chat with you by clicking on the yahoo buttons found in the widget when they see that you are online when they visit your profile.  Same with skype there is no API available to embed the whole chat window in web pages but we saw some web services who has skype chat window embedded in their web pages but we are not sure yet if we need to pay skype to use this kind of service and we do not have plan right now of implementing it.

Thank you and we hope we answered your question well. Have a great day.

Amber S /Liz M
Amber S /Liz M Jan 20 '14
for what version of Oxwall is this for, we dont plan on updating to 1.6 till all the bugs are worked out.
Sen Projects
Sen Projects Jan 22 '14
Hi Amber,

This works for version 1.5.3 since this was built using 1.5.3

Thanks.

Amber S /Liz M
Amber S /Liz M Jan 25 '14
thank you for answering :)
Holy Moses
Holy Moses Oct 31 '14
hello,
I bought this plugin stood in the description for version 1.7.1
now I read here, it is only for version 1.5.3
and in me an error message is displayed. So plugin is not working!

and now ??

sorry 4 my bad english, its google translater..

You do not have permission to reply this topic