We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Hash tags and Profile tagging | Forum

Austeyr
Austeyr Nov 26 '13
Has anyone thought of adding hash tag and profile tagging functionality to oxwall. 

I know it's good to distance this software from Facebook, but seems not just facebook is doing this now days. you are seeming this on twitter and G+ too.

would be nice to be able to #hashtag posts in newsfeed and on walls, same with being able to add a name of a friend so it shares to there wall or even sends a notification to them that they where tagged in a post weather it be newsfeed, wall or even photo.. 

Austeyr
Austeyr Nov 27 '13
please keep me updated on this jake, id be very interested in seeing what you come up with.
Kieron H Leader
Kieron H Nov 29 '13
yeah it does seem strande that there isnt a plugin for this yet
Kieron H Leader
Kieron H Nov 29 '13

Quote from FoxTechs
Quote from Kieron (thestatusfeed.com) yeah it does seem strande that there isnt a plugin for this yet

You can do parsing of hashtagging and usernames easily, the challenge is making a system to have it easily integrate into the Newsfeed and all other Oxwall core plugins so it will have a site wide purpose, and the easy way would be leaving it to SQL Injection which is never safe, so we're trying to come up with a little system that will detect the info needed.

~Jake

hope this is accomplished
Austeyr
Austeyr Nov 29 '13
Agreed - will be watching this thread like a hawk.. Hope others want to help out with this project. I myself would not want this to be the first thing i attempt for oxwall. My coding skills are prob better suited to theme design. But fingers crossed someone jumps in and saves the day. 

I'd deff pay for this feature as i'm sure many others would too. It's good no one has cut corners and done it the way jake said was not secure though just to make some quick cash, that would be a right pain.

Keep bumping this hopefully more people will show interest and then a developer will see that making this could be lucrative and worth their time.

Good job jake for getting the ball rolling hats off to you.

Austeyr
Austeyr Nov 29 '13
Awesome jake. Looks like i posted in the wrong section of forum then ;) might need a mod to move this post for me then. Either way very cool, will keep eyes out for news, and i agree a plugin would be much better, might even pay to wait till 1.6 comes out too.