We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

system crash after plugin add and update - Profile progress bar | Forum

Nils
Nils Nov 27 '13
After a successful advertisement plugin install I decided to update the profile progress bar plugin with the effect that I ended up with a complete white screen.

After tech support at my hosting company (bluehost.com) was kind enough to restore the program directory to an earlier version, site is not only back up but it actually shows the advertisement plugin as installed and the progress bar plugin as updated. I would appreciate it of you could tell me what I might have done wrong.

Thanks in advance,

Nils

Bonnie Jones
Bonnie Jones Nov 28 '13
You didn't do anything wrong. The problem is with the plugin. I had to set the plugin as inactive in my database and then load the following URL to uninstall the plugin in order to get my site back up and running.

/community/admin/plugins/uninstall-request/key/profileprogressbar/
Nils
Nils Nov 28 '13
Thanks Bonnie - why has tech support not publish something? Or did I miss that memo?
Alia Team
Alia Dec 2 '13
Topic was moved from Bug reports and troubleshooting.
Randi
Randi Dec 5 '13
Having the same problem. How do you set your plugin as inactive in the database? I see the plugin in the DB, but I'm not sure what makes it inactive. Is it in the `ow_base_component` table?
Randi
Randi Dec 5 '13
Nevermind, found it! ow_base_plugin, duh...

Thanks for the URL Bonnie! 

Bonnie Jones
Bonnie Jones Dec 6 '13
Welcome Randi
MarkieMark67
MarkieMark67 Dec 7 '13
Confirmed Do not install this version. 
MarkieMark67
MarkieMark67 Dec 14 '13
Clearing cache does work. After install, and Activate you do get a error 500, But You can click back then clear your cache and it seems to work. 

But Still one problem even on my test site with just 5 profile questions. It says 85% when everything is filled out.

The Forum post is edited by MarkieMark67 Dec 15 '13
dave Leader
dave Feb 2 '14
There is a missing table, i will download the latest version and see if i can post the sql here if i find it.. 

Message: SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'xxxxxx_xxxxxx.ow_profileprogressbar_activity_log' doesn't exist

dave Leader
dave Feb 2 '14
if your table does not exist you can run this sql right from your phpmyadmin area.. 

BE SURE TO REPLACE THE ow_ WITH YOUR PREFIX if you use a dif one, MOST OF US HAVE ow as the prefix so in that case it the first two lines here would look like this 

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS  `ow_profileprogressbar_activity_log`;

CREATE TABLE `ow_profileprogressbar_activity_log` (  `id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,  `userId` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL,  `entityType` enum("blog-post", "event", "forum-topic", "friend_add", "group", "link", "photo_comments", "video_comments", "user_gift") NOT NULL,  `timeStamp` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL,  `entityId` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL,  PRIMARY KEY (`id`),  KEY `indexAll` (`userId`,`entityType`,`timeStamp`, `entityId`)) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 AUTO_INCREMENT=1 ;

You do not have permission to reply this topic