We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Upgrading incrementally?? 1.5.1 to 1.5.3? or wait? | Forum

David A
David A Nov 29 '13
I was curious. Is it best to upgrade incrementally?  I have a installation of

Platform version 1.5.1 (build 6093).  I am wondering the safest way up upgrading. I see 1.6 will be coming out in January.  Should I wait?
Are there instructions that tell you the process of upgrading?

Thanks all

David A
David A Jan 8 '14
Very excited about the upgrade and its mobile capabilities.  Thank all of you who helped make that possible.

I am in the process of upgrading an Oxwall site. It is at version 1.5.1  (build 6093)

None of the themes, plugins have been upgraded as I never upgrades to Oxwall version 1.5.3.  I refrained while waiting for version 1.6

I was under the impression that when I went to upgrade to version 1.6 , I would need to do it in stages. First upgrading to 1.5.3 and then 1.6.  However, when I go to the administrative panel, it only give me the option of upgrading to 1.6

Is it safe to upgrade from 1.5.1 directly to 1.6 using oxwall's automatic update?

It also says I have 21 plugins to update.

Any insight would be appreciated.  
Once again.. thank you all!
Alia Team
Alia Jan 9 '14
David, the way Oxwall is developed allows you to update from 1.5.1 to 1.6 directly.

1. Deactivate all of your plugins.
2. Make "Origin" your theme
3. Update core
4. Check your site. Check mobile version of your site.
If everything is OK, start activating/updating your plugins one by one starting with default Oxwall plugins like "Newsfeed", "Blogs", "Video" and etc.
Check your site and it's mobile version after each activation/update.

IB
IB Jan 14 '14
I'd do a back up of everything first, before anything else.

Then I'd read some of the threads on 1.6, to see if you really want to do it.

Alia Team
Alia Jan 15 '14
+1 IB. Back up is a must have.