We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Oxwall System Bugs - Forgot Password Email expires too soon and hyperlink doesn't work on popular mail servers | Forum

Omari
Omari Dec 8 '13
Hi, on popular mail servers such as yahoo mail and live mail the oxwall hyper link for "forgot password reset" does not appear as a hyper link. Also the validity of the link expires in a matter of minutes. way too soon as opposed to the norm which keeps the reset link valid for at least one day.
The Forum post is edited by Omari Dec 18 '13
Alia Team
Alia Dec 10 '13
Omari, tested with hotmail. All went well:

What is your site URL?

Omari
Omari Dec 10 '13
that is your registration email im talking about forgot password
Alia Team
Alia Dec 12 '13
Omari, sorry ( going crazy)...somehow my brain replaced "forgot-password" by "verification" ...
Will retest again. Sorry one more time.
Juan
Juan Dec 14 '13
Hey Omari I think this is the same I described on http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/15019

Sorry for not viewing this thead before. Perhaps that can help you.

Omari
Omari Dec 14 '13
Thanks Juan will give it a try
Alia Team
Alia Dec 16 '13
Omari, question about passwords geting ivalid right away. Do you have SMTP enabled on your site?

Regarding links coming as plain text, I was able to reproduce this and will get back to you with the solution shortly.
Omari
Omari Dec 16 '13
nope i dont have it enabled. server is running cron job every minute with wget command
Alia Team
Alia Dec 19 '13
Omari, regarding links coming as plain text.

Admin panel>>settings>>languages.
Find following text key: {text key='base+reset_password_mail_template_content_html'}
Content of this key:

Dear {$username},
<br />
You requested to reset your password. Follow this link ({$resetUrl}) to change your password.
<br />
If the link doesn't work, please enter the code manually here ({$requestUrl}). Code: {$code}
<br />
If you didn't request password reset, please ignore this email.
<br /><br />
Thank you,
{$site_name}<br />

You will need to edit it so that it looks like:

Dear {$username},
<br />
You requested to reset your password. Follow this link
<a href="{$resetUrl}>{$resetUrl}</a> to change your password.
<br />
If the link doesn't work, please enter the code manually here <a href="{$requestUrl}">{$requestUrl}</a>. Code: {$code}

<br />
If you didn't request password reset, please ignore this email.
<br /><br />
Thank you,
{$site_name}<br />

Note: hotmail works so that if email lands in your junk box, all links are removed automatically.

Alia Team
Alia Dec 19 '13
Regarding passwords being expired, our developers will be checking Juan's report here: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/15019 ; . Hopefully we will find out why this is happening. Will keep you posted.