We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Hot to show only 'Featured' Video on Main Page | Forum

Alican
Alican Dec 8 '13
Hello, I would like only 'Featured Videos' to be placed in Video widget on Main Page. So, I should remove Latest, Top rated buttons from top of Video widget. Is this possible and I will apreciate if someone tells me howto.

Thank you..

Attachments:
  featured.jpg (16.94Kb)
Daisy Team
Daisy Dec 12 '13
Alican, you can hide the tabs via Admin Area > Appearence > CSS tab using the following styles:

.ow_box_menu #video-widget-menu-latest
{
display: none;
}

.ow_box_menu #video-widget-menu-toprated
{
display: none;
}

To make the Featured tab active by default, you should make changes in ow_plugins/video/views/components/video_list_widget.html file.
Alican
Alican Dec 12 '13
Super! Thanks a lot :)
Alican
Alican Feb 7 '14
Hi Daisy, Can you please help me with Photos widget too? I can't find the styles for it. I want only Featured and Toprapted to be displayed. Thank you
Alican
Alican Feb 16 '14
Ok...I have tried to figure it out while controlling the elements within the browser and used the following style to remove 'latest' but it didnt work out..

.ow_box_menu #photo-cmp-menu-latest-5301451c3a251{display: none;}

Where am i doing wrong?..Thank you..

Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Mar 2 '14
did you try clearing the cache?
Alican
Alican Mar 2 '14
yes i did. the style above that Daisy provided for Video widget works without problem, but none of the variations i have tried so far works for Photos widget.

Alican
Alican Mar 6 '14

I solved it with the changes in plugin files. 

This thread in the forum helped me to figure it out -> http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/14930

Thank you Daisy