We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Newbie to Oxwall [Answered] | Forum

Zedrich
Zedrich Dec 9 '13
Hello All, 

I'm new to CSS and coding in general. I just bought a domain a couple weeks again and after following a friends advice, I looked into Oxwall, wanting to create a spiffy site just like he did using this service. 

I got my domain through godaddy and have windows with plesk. I used filezilla to upload the files into my root just like in the direction and I dont seem to be getting any connectivity. I even called someone at godaddy for some help, and they said that my files were in the right place, but that they couldnt figure out what was wrong. I emailed the support team here, but havent gotten anything in a reply yet and I am eager to get started. Can someone help me? I think that Oxwall is exactly what I need, I think I am just missing something simple because I am new at this. 

Thank you for your time. I look forward to hearing from you whom can help! 

-=ZR=-

The Forum post is edited by Alia Dec 19 '13
Aodh
Aodh Dec 9 '13
seems like you are a complete novice to running a website.
Can you explain what you mean by being unable to get any connectivity. A link to your website would be a good starting point.
Alia Team
Alia Dec 9 '13
+1 to Aodh's reply.

If you can't provide your URL, then screen shot of the place where you faced the issue might work as well.
Alia Team
Alia Dec 10 '13
URL doesn't tell much: "If you're the site owner, log in to launch this site."