We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Overriding Forum page | Forum

Sri
Sri Dec 19 '13
Hi all,

I need to override the forum page by adding one more column to the existing forum list table. How could this be achieved?

Petar Šlat
Petar Šlat Dec 20 '13
I have the similar question :)
Having the task of inserting like/share button at the end of every blog post :)

Any interface I can attach to?

@Sri: I'm thinking you have to search for a view under Forum plugin and change the appearance there :)

Sri
Sri Dec 23 '13
Thanks Petar..

Well, If I edit the template inside the view folder of Forum plugin, and on upgrading the Oxwall, will my changes vanish?

Daisy Team
Daisy Feb 19 '14
Guys, all depends on the content you want to be added to a new column. If you want  to add, let's say, image or Facebook share button - it can be done via the plugin templates (/ow_plugins/forum/views/controllers). If you want to add, let's say, a column with the topics counter - you will need to develop the functions which will count topics and then output them via template. In this case you will need to make changed in the .php file of the plugin.

As for the update question - Sri, the plugin/platform update is the process of replacing old files with the new ones, thus, the changes made in the old files will be lost after update.