We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Embed video on forum | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
DeFender
DeFender Feb 16 '15
Taissa 

vielen Dank 

Paul Towery
Paul Towery Sep 11 '15
I have a question about posting video's in the forum in my site. I am using the latest 1.80. When i get the embed code for a video and then change the width and height before i post it in a forum topic to a smaller size, the video does not respond to the width and height changes, it stays the same as the original size that i got the embed code from. I have went to the video plugin settings and even changed the size there, but still no luck with a smaller video in the forum. You can use the Text/html in the main page and make them smaller for that page, but i can not get them to change to a smaller video when added into the forum. I have noticed that my reply topics in my forums do not have the (html) at the top like this one does either. Could that be added to my forum reply topics to make a video smaller.
Taissa Team
Taissa Sep 18 '15
Paul, if you want to change embedded video size, first of all make sure that Disable Custom HTLM is unchecked. Go to Admin Area > Settings > Content settings page.

Then post your embed video code in Forum using HTML button, and change video size directly within code.

I've checked our Demo and everything is working properly.

So, to change the embed video size you don't need to change the Video plugin settings. These settings will not effect the embed video size posted in the Forum. They will change the size of the player displayed on the video page.
Paul Towery
Paul Towery Sep 18 '15
Thanks Taissa, that is the information i needed....i appreciate it very much...have a nice day.
Taissa Team
Taissa Sep 21 '15
Always ready to help you :)
Alexis Jons
Alexis Jons Aug 28

Hi, of course you do. You may have a problem because you are trying to upload an unsuitable video format. You should try to convert your video to another format, you can use 3GP converter or any online converter.

I think that should help you.

Pages: « 1 2