We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Friend Request to same gender | Forum

Dhananjay Gupta
Dhananjay Gupta Dec 28 '13
Hi all 

I want to disable freind request to same gender users, any help is appreciated.

Although I am php coder with basic knowledge of smarty and codeigniter, I find it very difficult to understand software architecture of oxwall.

Is there any flowchart diagram or detailed documentation for oxwall, please provide me, I want to go indepth of oxwall coding

Further all experienced users of oxwall must submit atleast some tutorials on blogs

Thanks

Dhananjay

The Forum post is edited by Dhananjay Gupta Dec 28 '13
ross Team
ross Jan 3 '14
Topic was moved from General Questions.
Daisy Team
Daisy Mar 7 '14
Dhananjay, all depends on how exactly you want it to work.

Do you want this button to be visible on the profile page, but when a user with the same gender clicks it, the message appears saying something like: You cannot add the same gender user to friends? Or do you want this button to be hidden from the same gender user?

In any case you should make change in the Friends plugin functionality. You can check how it works in these files:
For 1.6.0. version: /ow_plugins/friends/classes/event_handler.php. Search for the onCollectProfileActionTools function.
For 1.5.3.version: /ow_plugins/friends/init.php.  Search for the friends_user_action_tool function.

The Forum post is edited by Daisy Mar 7 '14
Arash
Arash May 7 '14
Why don't you want two guys to befrend eachother?
Mohammad
Mohammad May 16 '14
Dhananjay,there is a skeleton plugin which describe the structure and even give some easy working examples,it's MVC,if you know CI and have OOP knowledge(and know a little design patterns,not necessary),then you should be fine with OW