We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Two general questions | Forum

Frank Lorenz
Frank Lorenz Jan 2 '14
Hi,
I'm a developer experienced in C / C++ and, to learn some PHP and Web programming, now try to adapt a plugin for Oxwall for the needs of a friend who runs an Oxwall server.

To get started, I have two questions:
1. I cannot find any library reference / code documentation to get an overview of the Oxwall source code - is there any (beside the plugin crashcourse)?

2. Inside the plugin I started to write for testing (based on the crash course), it looks like the 'init.php' contents are execute every 5 seconds. My idea of an 'init' is that this is called only once when the page is loaded?
If init.php is executed every five seconds by intention - where to put some code that shall be executed only once?
Kieron H Leader
Kieron H Jan 2 '14
there is a plugin you install on a testsite http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/695
Frank Lorenz
Frank Lorenz Jan 2 '14
Hi Kieron,

yes, thank you, I already saw this. So this is the only place where I can find some kind of docs?

best regards,
Frank
Kieron H Leader
Kieron H Jan 2 '14
maybe some tutorial website somewhere 
Frank Lorenz
Frank Lorenz Jan 2 '14
But not some kind of reference?
How shall I find out what classes are part of Oxwall, and what properties and methods they have?
Kieron H Leader
Kieron H Jan 2 '14
the plugin should help with that also you could use inspect element to see what is what on your page 
Frank Lorenz
Frank Lorenz Jan 2 '14
In other words: There must be some interface between the Oxwall 'core' and the 'plugin'. Does the skeleton cover the whole interface, or how do I discover what to use?
Kieron H Leader
Kieron H Jan 2 '14
sorry i dot know i havnt used the plugin 
Frank Lorenz
Frank Lorenz Jan 2 '14
O.k., thanks for you help.
Kieron H Leader
Kieron H Jan 2 '14
your welcome 
Dave S
Dave S Jan 2 '14
You may find more info from http://docs.oxwall.org/
Frank Lorenz
Frank Lorenz Jan 4 '14
Hi Dave,

well, that's the place I have looked at.
But I only find the "Plugin Development Crashcourse" and the "Plugin Skeleton" there. As written, I am looking for some kind of reference to get an overview of the interface between the oxwall core and the plugins.

best regards,
Frank

Daisy Team
Daisy Mar 6 '14
Frank, for now our documentation is not full (http://docs.oxwall.org/dev:index), but we constantly working on it and do our best to make it more clear, so it could help Oxwall developers to understand how the software works.

If this documentation does not answer your questions - please ask them here and we will do our best to provide you with all necessary information. You can also search for the existing solutions on this Forum.
Arash
Arash Mar 6 '14
I'm kind of dissapointed about the documentation (and I've even mailed the the people over at docs, but without a response). I find it way to uner-documented to even try to get a head on it:/