We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Change Value Count | Forum

Wilson
Wilson Jan 2 '14

Ok I’m adding a profile base question that includes the ‘users’ state location. But when I go to the admin/users/Profile Questions/ADD QUESTIONE area and add my question then choose in the ‘Answer type ’ field I choose Single Choice (drop down) the page refreshes and now I see a new filed below the ‘Answer type ’ field that saying ‘Possible values (one per line)’ and next to that it has “You can add up to 31 values” well that's my problem…there’s 50 values I need to add.

So I went to the language area in the admin and under ‘BASE’ I found these two fields:

1. You can add up to 31 values
{text key='admin+questions_add_values_description'}

2. You can add up to 31 values
{text key='admin+questions_possible_values_description'}

I just need to right coding to make it change from 31 values to 50 and where to put the code, can anyone help on this mod?

Wilson

The Forum post is edited by Wilson Jan 5 '14
Attachments:
  profile-values.jpg (81.01Kb)
Daisy Team
Daisy Jan 3 '14
Wilson, please take a look at this topic: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/12217

P.S. Please search before posting.
Wilson
Wilson Jan 3 '14

Thanks Daisy for your input!

Well looking over post’s on this issue, it seems to me that Ox team needs to fix this what I call a bug!

So this is what I had to do t make my question “What State Do you Live In” work!

I had to make two (2) different question that appears on the ‘base’ area of the user profile. (sad I know)

1. First question is the first 25 US States using the drop down option (that needs to be fixed) because  I’m limited to only 31 values.

2. Second question  I listed the other 26 US States including District of Columbia using the drop down option (that needs to be fixed) because  I’m limited to only 31 values.

So the user can choose what state he or she lives in when signing up but I left the  “Required” unchecked seeing I had to make two  “What State Do you Live In” questions. I checked   ‘On Sign Up’, ‘On Profile Edit’ and ‘On Profile View’ seeing that some may move to a different state.

Works good but wish you guys would fix this issue!

Wilson

The Forum post is edited by Wilson Jan 3 '14
Daisy Team
Daisy Mar 7 '14
Wilson, this is not a bug. This is how the drop down field type works. Unfortunately, the limit of 31 values can't be worked-around because of the way data is stored. Why don't you simply use the Location plugin or set the text type for this field instead of creating two different profile questions?
Wilson
Wilson Mar 28 '14
Hey Daisy,

Yeah I’ve been doing some reading on this issue. Unfortunately I’m using an image (state flag) (images of state flag on profile) next to the user’s state…so using the ‘text type field’ is not an option when using images next to your question.

Also using this technique is totally FREE unlike buying the "Location" plugin that violates our privacy policy.

Wilson
The Forum post is edited by Wilson Mar 28 '14