We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

fb like button with dynamic url | Forum

tammy harris
tammy harris Jan 4 '14
i have try 500 ways to try and get facebook like button to post the current url
i have tried every plugin in the store and none do it 

so in recommend box 
 if a user is on say blog named my best blog 
in the recommend box it shows 

my best blog
32 people recommend this

instead of 

site name 
32 people recommend this 

and so when sent to the users facebook walls on sends what the person actually liked 

i need some way of change the url in 
<div class="fb-like" data-href="http://www.myurl.com/" data-width="100" data-layout="standard" data-action="like" data-show-faces="true" data-share="true"></div>
tammy harris
tammy harris Jan 5 '14
yes a dynamic url 
also would be useful in facebook comments api as well so each page it is placed on wou;f just be comments for that page and not site wide 
tammy harris
tammy harris Jan 5 '14
I have searched the net and tryed lots of php and js scripts to get server url etc but none seam to work with oxwall smarty I am just hope someone has found an answer.

I have few other scripts that is easy to do in and with out being able to do this just about makes any facebook api useless on a oxwall site

tammy harris
tammy harris Jan 5 '14
I have searched the net and tryed lots of php and js scripts to get server url etc but none seam to work with oxwall smarty I am just hope someone has found an answer.

I have few other scripts that is easy to do in and with out being able to do this just about makes any facebook api useless on a oxwall site

tammy harris
tammy harris Jan 12 '14
i have tried this
"OW::getRequest()->buildUrlQueryString();"
and did not work please can someone help me with this