We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

password reset email link fix | Forum

Pete
Pete Jan 18 '14
Try a password reset Tammy on your site once you get email with code copy code and then once you click it paste link code here and see if nobody else can use it with different browser .Sometimes messing about with code can change security of the code  
The Forum post is edited by Pete Jan 18 '14
tammy harris
tammy harris Jan 18 '14
no i make the code expire in one hour so after that time the code is useless
Pete
Pete Jan 18 '14
I would just double check to make sure using different browser its ok,it might be fine using one browser ,but not work on another one same way and you leave your self open to being hacked .
tammy harris
tammy harris Jan 18 '14
i dont know but i am thinking if the code on ur site works with out the time limit the that code could be used anytime by anyone 
Pete
Pete Jan 18 '14
when you use internet you send data out called packets ,with the right software people can collect all this data and find out all info about everything .this is why you log into secure web server using online banking
Pete
Pete Jan 18 '14
I try and click twice on code it only work once so now I do another test to see how long code lasts for in email account
tammy harris
tammy harris Jan 18 '14
yes i put https on my site but had to remove it untill i get all content from safe sites 
i am think the only way would be to iframe the stuff to a seperate page then iframe into my site just simple thing like banners and stuff screw https up
Pete
Pete Jan 18 '14
I have sent password reset code to my email ,I well check check in morning and see if it work
tammy harris
tammy harris Jan 18 '14
cool but i am think with out change the expire time even in 2 days it still works
Pete
Pete Jan 18 '14

I am going to contact oxwall if it still works in morning as this is not very secure code if it does (this code for password reset is at my email now so I well wait until morning and see) I am sure this code expires after a while if I can rember correct, but I well see if it does 

tammy harris
tammy harris Jan 18 '14
cool

let me know the outcome

Pete
Pete Jan 18 '14
well do
tammy harris
tammy harris Jan 18 '14
mine i tested at 59 minutes still works at 1 hour 20 min it comes up expired code 
Pete
Pete Jan 18 '14

how long did you set time in code for ?

tammy harris
tammy harris Jan 18 '14
1 hour
Pete
Pete Jan 19 '14
checked  the reset code this morn and I got http://ukadoptionregister.org/reset-password-code-expired,at least it works .
The Forum post is edited by Pete Jan 19 '14
Den Team
Den Jan 19 '14
Topic was moved from General Chat.
Alia Team
Alia Jan 20 '14
Tammy, Pete, we have discussed this some time ago may be with you guys, may be with somebody else. I was able to reproduce this and have asked developers to check.

Ideally reset password emails should have been valid for 24 hours or at least an hour. However when SMTP was enabled and Cron was running every minute, ow_reset_password table was getting cleared every time cron ran, thus making reset codes invalid.

Once I get the response from developers I will let you know what was causing this.
MarkieMark67
MarkieMark67 Jan 20 '14
Thanks Aliia
tammy harris
tammy harris Jan 21 '14
if you use the code the script should auto expire it 
Pages: « 1 2 3 »