We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

CrazyDomains.co.uk a Recommended host by oxwall.....Really? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Michael
Michael Jan 5 '14
So i visited CrazyDomains.co.uk and they are very cheap compared to what we pay now. Currently we pay $262 for a deciated sever and crazydomains.co.uk apparently charge less than £5 a month and offers more...

All you have to do is put there domain into google and watch all the bad reviews come back. Heres 45 bad reviews to keep you busy for now http://www.hostingkids.com/...crazydomains.com.au/

Seriously is this the best oxwall can recommend?

Everyone also says use Arvixe but there website is sooooo slow at loading up that we gave up waiting, if there website is so slow image what there service is going to be like.....

Isnt there any decent hosts out there?

All the other hosts listed dont give you server statistics like "proper" hosts do, so I'm guessing they give you unlimited space and bandwidth because there servers are slow and old....why else would you not post your server details.

We use hostgator and they have been very reliable but due to costs etc we were looking into moving. I doubt there will be a reliable host out there for a decent price but if anyone could recommend some other hosts not listed on the oxwall hosting page that you have personally tried then please post there names here.

thanks
Michael
Michael Jan 5 '14
I cant find one good review about crazydomains.co.uk there all 1 star reviews out of 5, but I did only look at page one of google....

I'll send you a pm Paul and we can talk
Oxwall CandyStore
Oxwall CandyStore Jan 6 '14
Sorry, I cannot find this crazydomains hosting in the list of recommended by Oxwall.org
Where did you get this info?
ross Team
ross Jan 6 '14
CandyStore +1
Michael
Michael Jan 7 '14
@CandyStore - One of the hosts listed redirects to crazydomains, so its not even the original hosting company listed by oxwall

The hosts arent even monitored
The Forum post is edited by Michael Jan 7 '14
Michael
Michael Jan 7 '14
@Chris - You've missed the point, I dont want to know my current server stats as I'm with HG and they tell you before you pay for one of there servers. All the hosting companies listed by oxwall dont tell you anything to do with cpu and ram etc If the servers were good then they would list the specs like all the other hosting companies out there
Austeyr
Austeyr Jan 12 '14
You get what you pay for. pretty much sums it all up. 

Arvixe is good, im with them, had less troubles with them than others. but each to their own. good luck finding a dedicated server that is perfect and never lags or goes down for under 200$  even paying that price your bound to run into issues.  As paul said - people will always take the time to bitch about something it's human nature, people rarely make the effort to say good things about a business/product or service.

Michael
Michael Jan 13 '14
Erm.....ok
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Jan 26 '14
I have been with arvixe for a few years and I can say they have always taken care of me. I also act as a liaison for the oxwall community. Basically if you are with arvixe and you are having some trouble then i can help assist you in getting a representative that is familiar with oxwall.  
Sammy
Sammy Jan 26 '14
I am currently with Arvixe. They are good and their support is better. OxwallAccessories u r right. Those guys are good and I have never had issues with them.
Wolfy
Wolfy Jan 26 '14
I use http://www.uni-lab.co.za for 3 years now just over $5 p/m for uncaped service.

I also have my radio station with them for 2 years now and its never been off-line.