We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

How do I change my e-mail | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Chris
Chris Jan 5 '14
I would like to change the e-mail address that is displayed in the "From" section of an e-mail a user will receive from my site. What file is this in? Thanks!
The Forum post is edited by ross Jan 6 '14
ross Team
ross Jan 6 '14
Do you want to change your website e-mail? Please elaborate. 
Chris
Chris Jan 6 '14
When members sign up for my website, they receive a verification e-mail. In the "from" section of that e-mail is an e-mail address I would like to change.

Does that make sense?

Kieron H Leader
Kieron H Jan 6 '14
if you mean the email in which the verification emails are sent from this is indeed the website email to change this go to yoursite.com/admin/settings and change the "site email" on the basic tab 
Chris
Chris Jan 6 '14
Thanks Kieron but I already tried that possibility. I feel something needs to be changed in a file some where and I am unsure where to do so.

The current e-mail that shows when verification e-mails are sent out has my host's address in it.

Kieron H Leader
Kieron H Jan 6 '14
what is the email address of your site stated at the /admin/settings and what is the email address the verification emails are sent from 
Chris
Chris Jan 6 '14
I'd prefer to keep that information private but they're two different e-mails. 

The e-mail address in the /admin/settings is a gmail address, and the e-mail address in the verification e-mails is mycpanellogin@host'sname.com

Kieron H Leader
Kieron H Jan 6 '14
did you at any point have the email shown on verification emails as your sites email 
Chris
Chris Jan 6 '14
Never.
Kieron H Leader
Kieron H Jan 6 '14
what is your site url so i can join and see the verification email