We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Updating to 1.6 and updating plugins | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Steve Winter
Steve Winter Jan 8 '14
Is it better (safer) to update the plugins BEFORE updating to 1.6 or would that be stupid?   Part of me thinks that the upgrade to 1.6 might be smoother if the plugins were updated first.

Some of my plugins, some VERY important plugins are not showing any updates.  Will they still work?  They were all purchased or obtained in the store.

Thanks!

Steve

Alia Team
Alia Jan 8 '14
We recommend:

1. Deactivating all plugins
2. Updating core
3. If core update went well, activate/update plugins one by one.

>>Some of my plugins, some VERY important plugins are not showing any updates.  Will they still work?  They were all purchased or obtained in the store.

This means that those plugins are not yet compatible with 1.6.
Contact plugin developers to find out whether they are planning to update their plugins.

Lee
Lee Jan 8 '14
If I deactivating photo, video, and friend plugins will my photo, video and friend  will be delete or not?
Alia Team
Alia Jan 8 '14
Content will not be deleted.

dan cuba
dan cuba Jan 9 '14
Does this mean Steve, should wait until all his plugins are comparable before updating core?
Alia Team
Alia Jan 9 '14
Topic was moved from Bug reports and troubleshooting.
Steve Winter
Steve Winter Jan 10 '14
I am waiting to hear for sure if the admin toolbox and a couple of other plugins are compatible before even trying anything.

From much of what I am reading there is no reason to upgrade at all, unless I am missing something.