We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Changelog - Facebook Connect | Forum

Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Jan 9 '14
Jan 7th. 2013.
Build: 7145
Changes: compatibility with 1.6 ( mobile version).
The Forum post is edited by Oxwall Software Jan 9 '14
Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Jan 24 '14
Ok, but,People say to me:

"Trying
to press the Facebook connect button but get no response. A window jumps up and disappears again before I have time to see what it is."
Onur
Onur Aug 8 '18
it is not working anymore... 
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Aug 13 '18

8 minutes agoI was remove my plugin, this is second time i remove this plugin and i very happy to not use it anymore. I told in another topic this plugin have no future because facebook changes rules all the time and you never know when they stop work with third part software like oxwall or skadate.

So now i will not install this plugin again i promise my self that....in the end i will win when facebook changes rules next time let say in 2 or 3 years or maybe 5

1. the developer that upgrade this plugin is not stabel and give a shit to talk with us

2. facebook is not stabel with they own rules

3. fake accounts from facebook join my site everyday with fake email adress = dead profiles

4. the connection to facebook slows down you site. look gtmetrix if not belive me

5. it allows 5% finished profiles join your website and take up you database as garbage profiles

6. it allows profiles from facebook with no avatars or naked avatars or avatars that is not a profile picture, you need sort this bad avatars out all the time because they already approved by this plugin

Bye bye facebook connect.........

Pat
Pat Sep 10 '18
Nice
Quote from OW-Ghost

8 minutes agoI was remove my plugin, this is second time i remove this plugin and i very happy to not use it anymore. I told in another topic this plugin have no future because facebook changes rules all the time and you never know when they stop work with third part software like oxwall or skadate.

So now i will not install this plugin again i promise my self that....in the end i will win when facebook changes rules next time let say in 2 or 3 years or maybe 5

1. the developer that upgrade this plugin is not stabel and give a shit to talk with us

2. facebook is not stabel with they own rules

3. fake accounts from facebook join my site everyday with fake email adress = dead profiles

4. the connection to facebook slows down you site. look gtmetrix if not belive me

5. it allows 5% finished profiles join your website and take up you database as garbage profiles

6. it allows profiles from facebook with no avatars or naked avatars or avatars that is not a profile picture, you need sort this bad avatars out all the time because they already approved by this plugin

Bye bye facebook connect.........

Christopher Matchmaker
I just updated this plugin to the newest one, from a patched version of 10800 and it is giving an error, i spent all day trying to fix it. I even downloaded 10820 and it is still not working. Anyone knows what is going on?
Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Oct 24 '18
Im also having the same issues...people can't login with the new updated one, even if i go to the old one i can't use the plugin :( just shows a blank pop up and nothing happens then returns an error.
Dave
Dave Oct 24 '18
Webster Molaudi

Christopher Matchmaker

Use this link (uninstall the old one first and create a new app instance on your FB DEV page).

oxwall.org/download-item

Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Jan 15 '19
Well, i deleted my fb app on fb developer, uninstalled the old oxwall facebook connect plugin one from my oxwall site (https://www.myvirgo.info). Then i tried the new update but now i get this error when i try to sign up or sign in although i did put my new fb App ID and App Secret :

Facebook SDK returned an error: You must provide an access token

The Forum post is edited by Webster Molaudi Jan 15 '19
Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Sep 16 '20
I try this again, but give it upp, dont funktion.
This topic is sticky
You do not have permission to reply this topic