We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Problem with upgrade [Solved] | Forum

David Brockwell
David Brockwell Jan 9 '14

Hi there

I upgraded to latest version but when i click mobile link i get this error, i think i have messed something up could you help? many thanks.

Fatal error
: Call to undefined method NEWSFEED_CLASS_EventHandler::genericInit() in /home/davbro/public_html/secondliferesidents/ow_plugins/newsfeed/mobile/init.php on line 8
The Forum post is edited by Alia Jan 10 '14
Alia Team
Alia Jan 9 '14
David, make sure that Newsfeed plugin is updated as well.
David Brockwell
Thanks for your reply, i could not get into my site so disabled the plugins that were effecting this via the database but now received a different error. 

Notice: Use of undefined constant E_DEPRECATED - assumed 'E_DEPRECATED' in /home/davbro/public_html/secondliferesidents/ow_core/error_manager.php on line 140

Alia Team
Alia Jan 9 '14
David, but now you do have access to admin panel right? If you have access, activate and update your plugins one by one. Check your site after activating/updating  each plugin.

Regarding your second error.

1. Find out your version of PHP using steps 1,2,3 under "GD Library" section of this manual: http://docs.oxwall.org/faq:captcha-troubleshooting

2. If your version of PHP is lower then 5.3, check whether your hosting company can update it for you.

If your host can not update PHP version to 5.3, open error_manager.php mentioned in your error notice and comment out following line:

//case E_DEPRECATED:

Where "//" symbols comment out ( hide/remove) the code.

David Brockwell

Thanks for your help in getting my site up again. 

I checked my cpanel and it says i have php 5.3.27 is that ok ? i can't get on my site to activate plugins and check Captcha i get just a blank screen with the E_DEPRECATED error. 
Alia Team
Alia Jan 9 '14
Let's try to edit the error_manager.php  and comment out case E_DEPRECATED

Regarding the version of php, I will be able to find out more about this tomorrow.
Alia Team
Alia Jan 9 '14
Path to error_manager.php is secondliferesidents/ow_core/
David Brockwell
I took away case E_DEPRECATED and this gave me a blank page with Error 500 Internal Server Error. That's no problem no rush i am very thankful for your support.

David Brockwell
All seems ok now managed to fix the problem. The only other problem i'm having seems to be only in the admin panel it shows mobile under the menu as shown in the screenshot and has no icon with it. Thanks.

David Brockwell
Cleared cache and now the mobile icon is showing in admin. 
Alia Team
Alia Jan 9 '14
David, glad to hear that things are working now.

Do you mind sharing what have caused 500phtml error after removing E_DEPRECATED line?
It is important for me, since I am giving the same instructions to other users and if they will be getting 500phtml, then may be I am giving wrong information.

Will be waiting for your reply.
David Brockwell
David Brockwell Jan 10 '14
Yeah sure, i removed the //case E_DEPRECATED: line which got me a 500 server error so then went into the database and turned on all plugins, i could see the site then. I still had another problem though but fixed that by clearing the cache. Thanks for your help.
David Brockwell
David Brockwell Jan 10 '14
Another problem, hopefully the last i can't delete a user i get this error.

Message:Invalid parameters were provided!File:/home/davbro/public_html/secondliferesidents/ow_plugins/privacy/classes/event_handler.phpLine:110Trace:#0 /home/davbro/public_html/secondliferesidents/ow_core/event_manager.php(193): PRIVACY_CLASS_EventHandler->removeUserPrivacy(Object(OW_Event)) #1 /home/davbro/public_html/secondliferesidents/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/user_service.php(688): OW_EventManager->trigger(Array, Object(OW_Event)) #2 /home/davbro/public_html/secondliferesidents/ow_system_plugins/admin/components/user_list.php(94): BOL_UserService->deleteUser(Object(OW_Event)) #3 /home/davbro/public_html/secondliferesidents/ow_system_plugins/admin/controllers/users.php(203): ADMIN_CMP_UserList->__construct('3', true) #4 [internal function]: ADMIN_CTRL_Users->index(Object(ADMIN_UserListParams)) #5 /home/davbro/public_html/secondliferesidents/ow_core/request_handler.php(266): ReflectionMethod->invokeArgs(Array) #6 /home/davbro/public_html/secondliferesidents/ow_core/application.php(330): OW_RequestHandler->dispatch(Object(ADMIN_CTRL_Users), Array) #7 /home/davbro/public_html/secondliferesidents/index.php(65): OW_Application->handleRequest() #8 {main}Type:InvalidArgumentException