We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

how to opem mobile version automatic when site is open on phone[Solved] | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Ricky
Ricky Jan 9 '14
Please can someone help me with this.. when users open my oxwall site phone. I want it to open the mobile version instead of desktop version first
The Forum post is edited by ross Jan 10 '14
Kieron H Leader
Kieron H Jan 9 '14
it should do this already have you tested this 
ross Team
ross Jan 10 '14
we checked your domain: campusghana Mobile site opens. Please check 
Ricky
Ricky Jan 10 '14
Quote from ross we checked your domain: campusghana Mobile site opens. Please check 

I have but I want it to open first when i use a mobile browser
Kelvin {the GodFada}
Hello please i have the same isue, the mobile version still opens the "www" opn my site www.gnshangout.com instead of m.gnshangout.com
tammy harris
tammy harris Jan 10 '14
1/6 mobile seams to only work on new phones on any my old phones it does not work 
mobile version should of been made to go in a sub domain called m so you would have 
www.m.yoursite.com ;
so it would be easy to work with by adding htacess rules or even meta tags

to direct all mobiles to mobile site and would be easier to manage 

Ricky
Ricky Jan 10 '14
Quote from Tammy 1/6 mobile seams to only work on new phones on any my old phones it does not work 
mobile version should of been made to go in a sub domain called m so you would have 
www.m.yoursite.com ;
so it would be easy to work with by adding htacess rules or even meta tags

to direct all mobiles to mobile site and would be easier to manage 

Tammy please give me the rule that i can use in my htaccess
Kumi Festus
Kumi Festus Jan 10 '14
 Ricky, you should know that if you' re  not using a smart phone it will not work, android,apple etc.
My main concern here is the landing page. I think the landing page should be the NEWSFEED where you can see users' activities. People to a website are more interested in what people are doing before looking for who is doing what.
How can I change this?
Ricky
Ricky Jan 10 '14
@kumi am using Samsung Galaxy Star but its not working... Its has android 4.1.2
Kumi Festus
Kumi Festus Jan 10 '14
If you saw me, I was just on your site with samsung galaxy mega. It worked well. Like what others are saying, it doesn't recognize all mobile platform. But with samsung galaxy, I don't know why.
Ricky
Ricky Jan 10 '14
ok
Ricky
Ricky Jan 10 '14
can u help me on how to add signup form or menu on the mobile version cus people cant register on the mobile site
Sammy
Sammy Jan 11 '14
Risky try out something new and different. Edit that 'desktop version' at the button to 'sign up/desktop version' so that new members can just click there and it will direct the the main page to join and old members can view all newsfeed from that same sign up/desktop button. It look different n special from other people website. Dat is special. Smiles. It will help for now. Am interested in having a chatrooms for my mobile. Can anyone help me with a valid HTML chatrooms code for my mobile site.
Thanks
ross Team
ross Jan 13 '14
Ricky, please do not post any request non-related to the title of topic. One request/question per topic, please.