We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Fatal error updating newsfeeds [Solved] | Forum

Alia Team
Alia Jan 13 '14
Abiel,

1. Activate the plugin by settings it to =1 in database.
2. open ow_plugins/newsfeed/init.php file on your server.
Comment out everything within that file.

http://php.about.com/od/learnphp/qt/php_comments.htm

Try loging into your admin panel. If everything is ok  and you can click on links in admin panel go to manage plugins>>deactivate newsfeed in a usual way using "deactivate" button.

Once plugin is deactivated don't forget to go back to init.php and remove your comments. Otherwise plugin will not work when you decide to activate it again.
Sameer Mehta
Sameer Mehta Jan 31 '14
Hi!

Am not sure if this is the right place to post my concern, so please guide me. Your help will be appreciated.

I tried updating to 1.6 about 3 days back from the control panel and it was done, subsequently i went ahead to update the plugins starting with newsfeed and it stopped midway. The site started showing a fatal error message related to DB update. It is since on maintenance mode going nowhere.

I have gone through tips given on your forum and checked the link : http://tripmart.org/ow_updates/  ; the message says: "Your version is up to date" , however i can't access index or admin page.

It goes nowhere when i use - http://tripmart.org/sign-in

I have tried deactivating the newsfeed plugin by changing the value from 1 to 0, but the issue remains.

I have also commented out everything on init.php file suggested elsewhere using /* at top and \* at bottom.

I did not take a backup before going for update, and here i am. Your suggestions on how this can be solved will be really welcome.
Sameer Mehta
Sameer Mehta Jan 31 '14
Just tried signing in again after removing the /* \* from init.php file and was able to. The message on admin dashboard says - Fatal error: Call to undefined method BOL_UserDao::getUserQueryFilter() in /home/raftinga/public_html/tripmart.org/ow_plugins/newsfeed/bol/action_dao.php on line 267

I can go to index which is all flowing down without any design and the age ends with the error " Fatal error: Call to undefined method BOL_UserDao::getUserQueryFilter() in /home/raftinga/public_html/tripmart.org/ow_plugins/newsfeed/bol/action_dao.php on line 456"

hope this helps you anyway..
Sameer Mehta
Sameer Mehta Jan 31 '14
The admin panel is accessible and says "The source code of 'Newsfeed' plugin was updated. Need to update plugin DB." byt when i hit ok it takes me to another error screen with the following message

"OW Debug - Notice

Message: main() [function.main]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Asia/Calcutta' for 'IST/5.0/no DST' instead File: /home/raftinga/public_html/tripmart.org/ow_plugins/newsfeed/update/7012/update.php Line: 6

Fatal error: Undefined class constant 'MOBILE_TOP' in /home/raftinga/public_html/tripmart.org/ow_plugins/newsfeed/update/7012/update.php on line 6"
Michael W
Michael W Feb 10 '14
Hello, 

I have a similar issue. 

Fatal error: Undefined class constant 'BOL_NavigationService::MENU_TYPE_MOBILE_TOP' in /home/easternh/public_html/ow_core/navigation.php on line 73

ross Team
ross Feb 11 '14
Sameer seems like that you tried to update your newsfeed plugin first before updating the platform. Is it so?

As to the notice it's not critical, you can disable debug mode later and it will disappear. 

The Forum post is edited by ross Feb 11 '14
ross Team
ross Feb 11 '14
Michael, the problem is that your update has not been successfully completed. If it has, then there will be such a constant. Please check in /ow_system_plugins/base/bol/navigation_service.php file whether there's such line: const MENU_TYPE_MOBILE_TOP = BOL_MenuItemDao::VALUE_TYPE_MOBILE_TOP;
Sameer Mehta
Sameer Mehta Feb 12 '14
Hello Ross, The issue started after i updated the version to 1.6 and then proceeded to update the newsfeed plugin.

The message on my dashboard reads : "Platform update available. Update"

Plugin updates available: 12. view

Platform update request

The source code of 'Newsfeed' plugin was updated. Need to update plugin DB. "  -> Update

-- None of the dashboard setting options ( dashboard, users, settings, etc.) are working.
-- When i click to update platform it goes nowhere.
-- When i try to update plugin DB it takes me to another page with the following error message

"

OW Debug - Notice Message: main() [function.main]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Asia/Calcutta' for 'IST/5.0/no DST' instead File: /home/raftinga/public_html/tripmart.org/ow_plugins/newsfeed/update/7012/update.php Line: 6

Fatal error: Undefined class constant 'MOBILE_TOP' in /home/raftinga/public_html/tripmart.org/ow_plugins/newsfeed/update/7012/update.php on line 6"

I have attached the snaps for your review.

The status is " Your version is up to date. " when i check for update with url - http://tripmart.org/ow_updates/

However on dashboard screen bottom left the status is " Platform version 1.5.3 (build 6341)"

I have tried deactivating the newsfeed plugin by changing the value from 1 to 0, but the issue remains.

Would really appreciate your help as my site is down for some 2 weeks..

Regards,
Sameer
The Forum post is edited by Sameer Mehta Feb 12 '14
Attachments:
  snap 2.JPG (81.75Kb)
  snap 1.JPG (74.78Kb)
ross Team
ross Feb 12 '14
No, you did this. You uploaded new newsfeed plugin manually,which is why you got that message about updated DB and source code. Now you need to restore your back up and do the update again. First platform,then plugins. 
Sameer Mehta
Sameer Mehta Feb 13 '14
Hello Ross, Its not at all so.

The updates were done through dashboard only. I did not take a back up either. It did not occur to me that something could go wrong. I clicked on version update on dashboard and then went ahead with plugin updates. At newsfeed plugin update it stuck midway with the error i mentioned above.

Is there a way the issue can be sorted without loosing everything?

Regards,
Sameer
ross Team
ross Feb 17 '14
Well, the problem is that the update has not been successfully completed. You need to do this: go to your phpmyadmin - ow_base_config - find site build line and edit it by changing site build to previous one. Then manually update your website by going www.yoursite.com/ow_updates. This should solve the problem. If not, please get back to us with the errors. 
The Forum post is edited by ross Feb 17 '14
Brian
Brian Mar 20 '14
I am having the same issue and I want to see if anyone can help me fix this...

thank you

Undefined class constant 'BOL_NavigationService::MENU_TYPE_MOBILE_TOP

I did update the newsfeed....

ross Team
ross Mar 20 '14
Brian, what software version do you have? Seems like that you have updated plugin without updating platform first. 
Dakis
Dakis Apr 25 '14

I updated my newsfeed plugin and now I am getting the message:

Error 500

Internal Server Error.

I have no access to admin page as well.

Any advice?

ross Team
ross Apr 27 '14
Have you updated your newsfeed plugin without updating platform first? 
Karalius Kraujas
Karalius Kraujas Apr 28 '14
So, friends, here's THE SOLUTION :)

1. Visit ow_plugins/newsfeed/update/7012/update.php
2. Copy/cut all content from update.php to notebook or somewhere else
3. Go to ow_plugins/newsfeed/update/6746/update.php
4. Copy all content from 6746/update.php and paste it/replace it into 7012/update.php
5. Update newsfeed plugin
6. Put back content from notebook to 7012/update.php

As i understand, newsfeed won't be updated - but it's not a big problem. But everything else will work again smoothly :)

Cheers!

P.S. No need to make changes in phpMyAdmin
Pages: « 1 2