We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Fatal error updating newsfeeds [Solved] | Forum

dan cuba
dan cuba Jan 9 '14
I updated my newsfeed plugin and now I am stuck:
Fatal error: Call to undefined method BOL_UserDao::getUserQueryFilter() in /home/drift505/public_html/ow_plugins/newsfeed/bol/action_dao.php on line 267

My site is in maintenance mode and now stuck currently using Platform version 1.5.3 (build 6341)
The Forum post is edited by Alia Jan 10 '14
dan cuba
dan cuba Jan 9 '14
It says platform update request
The source code of 'Newsfeed' plugin was updated. Need to update plugin DB.
Then I get the fatal error:
Fatal error: Undefined class constant 'MOBILE_TOP' in /home/drift505/public_html/ow_plugins/newsfeed/update/7012/update.php on line 6

Not sure what to do now? Stuck on this page see attached
The Forum post is edited by dan cuba Jan 9 '14
Attachments:
  image.jpg (207.21Kb)
Alia Team
Alia Jan 9 '14
Dan, how exactly did you update "Newsfeed" plugin?

I suspect that your newsfeed plugin was in fact not updated. Your issues seems to be similar to this one: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/15444 . All depends on how you updated the plugin.

dan cuba
dan cuba Jan 10 '14
I went to my plugins screen from admin panel. And decided I would install my updates. The first one I attempted to update was newsfeeds. Clicked the update button and then it asked for FTP access. Did that and then now I got this error
Alia Team
Alia Jan 10 '14
Dan, just to confirm, you updated plugins without updating platform? ( judging by your screen shot)? If that is the case, you will need to update core, since right now updated Newsfeed plugin is referring to method that doesn't exist in your Oxwall.

Let me know the results.
dan cuba
dan cuba Jan 10 '14
Ya I attempted to update newsfeed plugin before platform. Shoot....Ok what's the best method for me to upgrade core at this point?

Should I do Manual update ?

If autoupdate can't be applied you can try manual core update.

Download Oxwall Update Pack at Oxwall.org/download;
Unpack it to the root folder of your software install;
Finalize update by calling yoursite.com/ow_updates
The Forum post is edited by dan cuba Jan 10 '14
Alia Team
Alia Jan 10 '14
1. Deactivate all of your plugins.
2. Set "Origin" as your default theme.
3. Update Core.
4. Check your site. Check mobile version of your site. Check "Mobile" tab in your admin panel. If you don't see any issues proceed to #5
5. Activate your plugins one by one starting with default Oxwall plugins. Example: activate Blogs>>update blogs plugin>>check your site, mobile version>> if everything is ok, activate/update your next plugin.
6. If all plugins were activated/updated successfully try switching back to your own theme.
Check your site, check your mobile version.
Read: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/15494?page=1#post-78134

dan cuba
dan cuba Jan 10 '14
As of right now it's froze up on the attached screen. I can't access any other pages to deactivate plugins.
Alia Team
Alia Jan 10 '14
Dan, I recommend autoupdate. I see that you do have autoupdate notice in your admin panel. So use this one instead of manual update.
Alia Team
Alia Jan 10 '14
No screen was attached.
dan cuba
dan cuba Jan 10 '14
It stays stuck on that screen. When I try to click anything it just refreshes
dan cuba
dan cuba Jan 10 '14
This screen sorry. The same as original 2nd post
Attachments:
  image.jpg (207.21Kb)
Alia Team
Alia Jan 10 '14
In this case let's deactivate "Newsfeed" plugin manually via database so that you can move on:

Open your database ( for example using PhpMyAdmin).
Find ow_base_plugin table.
Find "Newsfeed" row within this table.
Within the newsfeed row you will see  that "isActive" column is set to "1". Change this to "0".
Go back to your admin panel, can you click on other links now?
dan cuba
dan cuba Jan 10 '14
I did the steps but still can not click other links. Now site displays error 500 internal server error and no longer the maintenance page
Alia Team
Alia Jan 10 '14
Dan,can you PM me your control panel access details? Thank you.
Alia Team
Alia Jan 10 '14
Dan. I have fixed things for you.

1. your core is now updated to 1.6
2. all our plugins are activated and updated
3. all third party plugins that didn't have updates are activated
4. two third party plugins that have updates are inactive. You can log in to your admin panel and activate/update them yourself.
5. Darklets theme was updated.

You can check your mobile version if you visit your site from your mobile device( ex. phone) OR by visiting following URL from your computer: http://www.drift505.com/mobile-version
Alia Team
Alia Jan 10 '14
If in future you see that platform update is available, update it first and only then update your plugins ;)
dan cuba
dan cuba Jan 10 '14
Thank you so much. I will do it right next time. I notice one thing can you see this on member profile page it shows a long list of warnings. Looks like Photo carousel widget and the advanced photo plugin are not completely compatible yet?  
Attachments:
  image.jpg (619.01Kb)
  image.jpg (615.52Kb)
  image.jpg (500.4Kb)
  image.jpg (500.42Kb)
  image.jpg (529.6Kb)
Alia Team
Alia Jan 12 '14
Dan, you will need to contact plugin developers with this questions.
For now disable DEBUG mode in config.php so that your users don't see most of those errors.
Abiel
Abiel Jan 13 '14
I have this exact problem . How do i fix this ?

I changed newsfeed in databse from 1 to 0 . No effect still cant click any links
Pages: 1 2 »